Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Timeshift Pause at end of TV program

  1. #1

    Timeshift Pause at end of TV program

    Hello again

    - I've resolved the problem when using DVR-MS in timeshift mode - had to run graph edit and render a media file - change the merit values of the decoders I wanted to use with radlight as my selection within GB-PVR didn't force my choice. Now all is good except ....

    I've noticed that when the end of the program occurs (whilst using DVR-MS) GB-PVR doesn't jump to the next recording, hence it doesn't continue to play timeshifted TV - it just freezes/pauses at the end of the file.

    When I select the Cyberlink Mux the Timeshift does continue, however sometimes it freezes - where I simply hit pause/play a couple times and the file starts to play again.

    Question - is there a buffer entry that I can increase somewhere to help with the transition of recording files. Or has anybody experienced the same and fixed it another way?
    MSI K8NGM2-FID, 1G RAM, 3500+ CPU, Barracuda 7200.8 120G PATA, Twinhan DVB-T, DNTVlive twin tiny USB2 DVB-T's, Nvidia 6150 onboard, MStation HT-1100 with built-in VFD & Imon USB IR Receiver, Sony AV-3100 with USB-UIRT ( can't use universal remote with Imon receiver because of this ), Chaintech AV-710 'bitperfect' to amp, Seasonic S12 430W PSU, Nexus/ Panaflow case fans, 120mm Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU cooler, Generic LCD TV with DVI connection

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    75,895
    Unfortunately I dont think DVR-MS works properly with timeshift. From the release announcement went DVR-MS support was added:

    - Added 'Microsoft DVR-MS' to the list of mux filters. Please note, this mux option is not compatible with timeshift mode for viewing TV, so it selected should only be used for recording or live preview mode.
    The plan is to find a bit of time to look into using dvr-ms files with timeshift, but I just havn't had a chance yet.

  3. #3
    Thanks - starting to do my head in - should have read the release notes ...

    Do you think I should increase the buffer (I've already got it set at 1000ms) for Mpeg Timeshift so there will be a smooth transition?

    Thanks for the speedy reponses - great program sub
    MSI K8NGM2-FID, 1G RAM, 3500+ CPU, Barracuda 7200.8 120G PATA, Twinhan DVB-T, DNTVlive twin tiny USB2 DVB-T's, Nvidia 6150 onboard, MStation HT-1100 with built-in VFD & Imon USB IR Receiver, Sony AV-3100 with USB-UIRT ( can't use universal remote with Imon receiver because of this ), Chaintech AV-710 'bitperfect' to amp, Seasonic S12 430W PSU, Nexus/ Panaflow case fans, 120mm Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU cooler, Generic LCD TV with DVI connection

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    75,895
    How long does it take for you? I notice a small glitch that is probably less than a second. Its unlikely that'll manage to entirely do away with this happening.

  5. #5
    Unfortunately its the total pausing of the program thats the problem - it just doesn't swap over to the next file unless I hit play/pause. This happens about 80% of the time, where the other 20% I get a second or two pause between swaps.
    MSI K8NGM2-FID, 1G RAM, 3500+ CPU, Barracuda 7200.8 120G PATA, Twinhan DVB-T, DNTVlive twin tiny USB2 DVB-T's, Nvidia 6150 onboard, MStation HT-1100 with built-in VFD & Imon USB IR Receiver, Sony AV-3100 with USB-UIRT ( can't use universal remote with Imon receiver because of this ), Chaintech AV-710 'bitperfect' to amp, Seasonic S12 430W PSU, Nexus/ Panaflow case fans, 120mm Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU cooler, Generic LCD TV with DVI connection

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •