Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Channel Based Comskip/Selective Comskip

Channel Based Comskip/Selective Comskip

Hi

Just wondering if it's possible to have comskip run selectively on certain channels or programs. I find it works really well on a regular free to air channel.

But on some of the pay ones I receive, E! etc, they muck around with the logo a bit too much and cause a few other other problems so the channel skip doesn't work very well.

So I was wondering if I could turn off channel skip for this channel??

you can if you use showanalyzer

http://www.dragonglobal.org

Any idea what "decoders" showanalyzer would be whining about not being there?
    Considering this is the same machine that records it, and views it, I would have expected the decoders to already be there.

Quote Originally Posted by psycik
    Any idea what "decoders" showanalyzer would be whining about not being there?
    Considering this is the same machine that records it, and views it, I would have expected the decoders to already be there.
    SA uses different types of decoders. The DirectShow decoders that you use to watch shows are way too slow to use for analyzing.

I would recommend you start here: http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109

Jere
    DEATH TO ALL COMMERCIALS!!
    Latest ShowAnalyzer Beta version: 0.7.5

Quote Originally Posted by psycik
    Hi

Just wondering if it's possible to have comskip run selectively on certain channels or programs. I find it works really well on a regular free to air channel.

But on some of the pay ones I receive, E! etc, they muck around with the logo a bit too much and cause a few other other problems so the channel skip doesn't work very well.

So I was wondering if I could turn off channel skip for this channel??
    the latest version of gbpvr passes the channel number (as %2 I think) out to postprocessing.bat.

Therefore in this bat file you can say something like:-

rem list of channels to not run comskip on
    if %2 == "1" goto eof:
    if %2 == "2" goto eof:
    comskip %1
    :eof
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

Cool, thanks for all the replies. Will have to give them a go.

Quote Originally Posted by gEd
    the latest version of gbpvr passes the channel number (as %2 I think) out to postprocessing.bat.

Therefore in this bat file you can say something like:-

rem list of channels to not run comskip on
    if %2 == "1" goto eof:
    if %2 == "2" goto eof:
    comskip %1
    :eof
    @sub: Could it be included in a near release to send the channel nbr to PreProcessing.bat as well?

Tia

PreProcessing.bat isnt one of my files. I think it was one of the plugins? or replacement tray?

Anyway, GB-PVR does have a ParallelProcessing.bat which is called immediately after the recording is started, and it is passed the channel number.

Cool, so unchecking the "run comskip" in the config app and calling it (with the above tweak) from parallelProcessing.bat might do the trick? That would be great :-)
    I'm not always right
    GB-PVR 1.2.9
    Accent HT-400 Case, AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1024MB, 1TB+300GB+180GB, WinXP Pro-SP2, NVidia 7600GT
    Nova-T USB2, PVR-350 recording from Dilog 355 DVB-T box, USB-UIRT (receiving & transmitting)

Yes. You should be able to do the above with either ParallelProcessing.bat or PostProcessing.bat. Both pass the channel number as a second argument.