Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoa! Whole bunch of failed recordings that didn't fail!

Quote Originally Posted by glassvial
    WTF?! These things are gone from the gbpvr.mdb now too!! They were JUST THERE! Everything from about 9/18 to 9/26 is now gone, I cannot believe this...I absolutely cannot believe this. GB-PVR has been on a BAD downward spiral these past few releases, I guess I just need to pull all my MPEG files off the thing and wipe it, I reaaaaaaaaally don't have time for this BS...
    Maybe its time you move along and find another app then.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.

lmao, oh you guys

I'm not laughing, I'm pissed. I've been using GB-PVR for about a year and a half now, I've lost my recorded list several times, just updating the EPG should not be one of those times. Looking at alternatives now.

Yeah, there are numerous of guaranteed bug free pvr apps out there. And they are all ($) free.
    I'm not always right
    GB-PVR 1.2.9
    Accent HT-400 Case, AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1024MB, 1TB+300GB+180GB, WinXP Pro-SP2, NVidia 7600GT
    Nova-T USB2, PVR-350 recording from Dilog 355 DVB-T box, USB-UIRT (receiving & transmitting)

GB-PVR isn't free when you donate (not to mention factor in all the time you waste when it doesn't work properly). I'd gladly pay for a stable PVR program, if and when I can find one. Can you put a price tag on sanity?

Regardless of whether you pay or not, I think you'll find all the PVR options have their own quirks and limitations, and all will consume time.

I do my best to keep things going smoothly, but I'm only one person, and I find it very difficult to find people to help test GB-PVR. Bugs are bound to make it into public release.

I do make sure gets at least a superficial level of testing. I do appreciate the testing help I do get, but admittedly the guys are usually interested to see the one or two bugs they've had in the past have been fixed, and not much else...which is reasonable - this isnt their job.

If you're willing to help do this type of thorough testing and point out these bugs in pre-release builds, then I'm happy to fix them so the rest of the users wont have to endure the same problem. If not, I'll just continue to do the best that I can, and I'll appologize when I make mistakes.