Thread: Audio Problems w/500MCE

Audio Problems w/500MCE

While I see most folks here with the 500 seem to have audio issues with radio, my radio works fine in gbpvr, The problem I'm having is that no audio is being recorded with the .mpg stream. I also get no audio while watching live-tv.

I have a Hauppauge 500MCE, and a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS and am running in winxp. Any ideas?

Are you sure no audio is being recorded? Do you have other MPEG2 files which you can hear the audio on? I just want to rule out its not a problem with audio codecs on your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by sub
    Are you sure no audio is being recorded? Do you have other MPEG2 files which you can hear the audio on? I just want to rule out its not a problem with audio codecs on your machine.
    Pretty sure. I've attached a small sample recording for your review. Also, I have installed ulead and cyberdvd decoders as well, and I get the same results I was getting with the original (nero) decoders.

-- er, tried to attach it, too big.
    You can download it here.

Yeah, it doesnt seem to have any audio. Does it do it on every channel, every recording?

Quote Originally Posted by sub
    Yeah, it doesnt seem to have any audio. Does it do it on every channel, every recording?
    Yeah, so far. I've not tried many channels.

Is there some way I can check to be sure the 500 is receiving an audio signal?

No, not that I know of.

I have a similar issue except that my problem is that I lost audio even while watching live tv. I am running the 500MCE on a P4 2.66 GHz with 1.5 GB Corsair DRAM and 840 GB Drive Space on Windows XP Professional SP2. Audio was working fine but following a crash of GB-PVR, all audio was lost. I have uninstalled both GB-PVR and the drivers, rebooted and reinstalled all drivers and GB-PVR. I still have the same issue. Any ideas?

BTW, I tested the hardware and drivers using the trial of Snapstream Beyond TV 3, which worked great. I don't care for Beyond TV 3 however, and would much prefer to resolve this issue.

Any ideas?
    nope

I'm having the same problem.
    No audio anywhere, LiveTV, recorded Live TV.
    DVD is OK though.

I managed to fix it when starting up something like Virtualdub and suggesting it to capture from my PVR150card.
    Then audio appears fine. Then when I close VirtualDub and return to GBpvr the audio is back. It stays back until I reboot my PC, then I have to redo the procedure (starting Vdub) to get audio again.

Do you have any suggestions what could be wrong here ?