Thread: Audio Problems w/ 0.93.10 & PVR-150

Audio Problems w/ 0.93.10 & PVR-150

Folks:

I've been noticing that the upper end of the audio is getting crackly and distorted. I updated (to rev 0.93.10) when I found out that this rev was supposed to fix a bad bitrate for Hauppauge cards. I installed it thinking that was the end of it. However, I just reviewed a program that it pulled down and the audio distortion is still there. Until the last 2 revs, the audio has been crystal clear.

I'm running on a P4, 3.2gHz HT, 512 mB RAM Dell PC with a PVR-150 (Hauppauge). Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    cameraman

If this distortion is in the file, and not created during playback, then try changing version of Hauppauge drivers for your capture card. It is responsible for providing the digital stream which is saved to disk.

If its being generated at playback (ie recording plays fine on another machine), then try a different audio decoder, or check your soundcard/speakers configuration.

Doh!!!!!

I'm having a Homer Simpson weekend ...... DOH!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm pretty sure I found the problem. Looks like I had a corrupted file in one of the many Audigy drivers Creative likes to use. A dead giveaway was the fact that audio suddenly went away ........ EVERYWHERE. Fortunately, I hadn't updated for a little while so I got updated. Probably just dumb coincidence that it happened to get messed up during one of the GBPVR updates. I'll check a little later to see if Hauppauge updated their drivers.

I checked the programs that were captured before the driver updates and the distortion is still there. I have a program that is up for capture tomorrow night so I'll check that one to see if the problem still persists. HOWEVER, current Live TV doesn't have it (whereas it did before). I have the Audio Decoder set to InterVideo NonCSS while the Audio Renderer is set to SB Audigy. Could a messed up Audigy driver be responsible for the captured distortions? Seems likely. I'll know more tomorrow night.

Anyway, all seems to be well now.

Thanks!
    cameraman
    Last edited by cameraman; 2005-09-12 at 06:39 AM.