Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: after installing the PVR350 do i need to install WinTV2000?

  1. #1

    after installing the PVR350 do i need to install WinTV2000?

    With a new rebuild from the ground up, i have loaded the drivers for the PVR350 but do i need to install the WinTV2000 software also?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    5,817
    nope.

  3. #3
    Ok thanks,

    I now am trying to figure out how i can use the PVR350 (only Svideo in) as the source.

    It continually asks me for the EPG and wont let me do anything else?

    I also have to set up my Fusion HDTV to work also?

    Any tips?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,411
    It depends what you're trying to do. If you're connecting the 'svideo in' to a cable (or satellite) set top box, then you should set up your EPG so that GB-PVR knows what channels will available from this source.

    I also have to set up my Fusion HDTV to work also?
    That doesnt matter, they're entirely separate devices. GB-PVR doesnt know what channels will be available via the PVR350.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sub
    It depends what you're trying to do. If you're connecting the 'svideo in' to a cable (or satellite) set top box, then you should set up your EPG so that GB-PVR knows what channels will available from this source.
    Hi sub,

    since the PVR350 wont have any channel control, i'd just like to set it up to schedule record only, unless i can find a foxtel digital epg to import (not forgetting that currently i have no way to change the foxtel channels from the HTPC)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,411
    Yuck. Seriously, I'd try to find an EPG, and use an IR Blaster to automatically change channels etc.

    If you want to persist down the path you were heading, you could create a capture source (PVR350, svideo input), set the EPG Source to 'None', then manually create a channel called something like 'foxtel'.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sub
    Yuck. Seriously, I'd try to find an EPG, and use an IR Blaster to automatically change channels etc.
    I know, but its an intermediate plan. I've had the PVR350 for a year and only got it recording properly a few months ago! (so im content for the time being!)

    Quote Originally Posted by sub
    If you want to persist down the path you were heading, you could create a capture source (PVR350, svideo input), set the EPG Source to 'None', then manually create a channel called something like 'foxtel'.
    How do i set that?

    the Foxtel Digital EPG search continues?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    76,411
    If you want to persist down the path you were heading, you could create a capture source (PVR350, svideo input), set the EPG Source to 'None', then manually create a channel called something like 'foxtel'.
    How do i set that?
    How do you set what? When you are setting up your capture source, one of the options is 'None' (alongside zap2it, xmltv, bleb etc...)

    If you want to record from that channel, you can add a manual recording set to the 'foxtel' channel.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sub
    How do you set what? When you are setting up your capture source, one of the options is 'None' (alongside zap2it, xmltv, bleb etc...)

    If you want to record from that channel, you can add a manual recording set to the 'foxtel' channel.
    Sub, im feeling pretty hopeless atm!

    Im able to set it to your recommendation listed above, but each time i go to live TV or manual record it tells me that there are no channels.

    Im pretty intuitive but im missing something here.

    Can you point me to some good reading for GBpvr?

    Thanks

  10. #10
    i will elaborate!

    in the configuration screen i select 'add'
    then name the sourece 'Foxtel'
    then select 'direct recording plug-in'
    then select 'none' for epg source
    then 'no channel changer required'

    then i go into 'settings' for the recording source
    then choose 'PVR350'
    country 'Australia'
    Baord number 'Capture device #2' (not really sure how to determine which board #?)
    Source 'S-video, external tuner'
    Quality Profile Setting 'High Quality'

    But i cant watch live TV or do a manual record at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •