Thread: Setting up PVR-500MCE FM Tuner

Setting up PVR-500MCE FM Tuner

I've been trying to access the FM tuner of my PVR-500mce but whenever I scan it just stops and doesn't scan at all. When I manually place a frequency I get the audio of the current tv channel.

I followed the instructions from the WIKI and downloaded LAME and registered it. All was succesful but no radio.

Any help is most appreciated

When you setup your capture sources for the PVR500, only the second capture source (for device #2) should be configured as the PVR500 with FM tuner. The first tuner doesnt, and can only tune TV.

Got it, thanks. Does this mean that I can not use that tuner for TV recording since it's tuned with the antenna instead of cable?

You can record TV with both tuners. The normal cable/antenna connection goes to both tuners. The FM connection only goes to the second tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by sub
    When you setup your capture sources for the PVR500, only the second capture source (for device #2) should be configured as the PVR500 with FM tuner. The first tuner doesnt, and can only tune TV.
    There's probably different versions, mine only works on capture source #1. I get static when I set the FM tuner to be source #2

Yeah, possible. I've never seen it mentioned offically anywhere, but every PVR500 I'd looked at seemed to have it on the second tuner.

I have one of each (go figure). I can't discern ANY difference between the two cards, even under a magnifying glass.
    Maybe it's got to do with the way it's installed, not the actual card?
    BTW, it's freaky when you tune two FM stations at one time!
    You can never have enough tuners!
    Pentium Quad / 4Gb Dual Channel RAM / XPSP3 / 2 x PVR-500, PVR-250 / GB-PVR

My PVR500MCE only works correctly with the FM Tuner device being the first capture source...

If I set it up the other way, I can only watch/record with one capture source.