Thread: MVP power adapter voltage?

MVP power adapter voltage?

I bought my MVP second-hand and I think the guy who supplied it just threw in a general-purpose adapter as it doesn't have a Hauppauge label on it. The output is rated as 6.0-7.5V.

Can anyone with an 'off-the-shelf' MVP tell me what the output voltage rating for their MVP adapter is? I wan't to replace the one I have as I think it is the cause of a nasty mains hum when playing music through my hi-fi. I've got a quality 9V adapter which I could try but I don't want to push my luck until I know the offical Hauppauge adapter voltage.

Cheers,
    Brian

Mine says "Deer Computing" and I think it said 6.5v. Kinda small tall thin rectangular.
    3x MVPs (not used anymore)
    XBMC
    Hauppauge 150 via SVideo
    Comcast Digital Cable
    Motorola HD Cable box channel changed via Firewire
    Vista Home Premium with RDP hack
    AMD Athalon 64 5000+
    340gig sata, plus 80SATA+3x160IDE Drives in XP machine for storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer4x4
    Mine says "Deer Computing" and I think it said 6.5v. Kinda small tall thin rectangular.
    OK - thanks for that. I guess I was wrong about the guy just throwing in a general purpose one. Mine is also Deer Computing (and tall and thin like you describe).

I've opened the MVP up and I know the voltage reg. would take a 9V input but not sure about the rest of the components in the power area. Perhaps I'll just try and source a better quality 6-7V adapter to be on the safe side.

Cheers,
    Brian

Mine also is from Deer Computer Co. Ltd. Output voltage is 6.0 - 7.5V.

BTW I'm in the UK, but that should not matter