Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GBPVR server

Question GBPVR server

I am using both the Hauppauge MediaMVP (wired) and WinTV-PVR 150MCE.

LiveTV works via GBPVR, but I can't seem to get it to work with my MediaMVP. When I power on the MediaMVP it hangs on the "Contacting Severs" screen. It really doesn't hangs it looks to be stuck in a loop, it continueously tries to connect to the GBPVR MVP server.

I basically followed these instructions: Happy PVR to me, by Jordan

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to watch LiveTV via my MediaPVR?

Take a look over here for some pointers.

Ok, I read all the posts from the thread and I still can't get it to work. What next?

Can you clarify something...are you saying your MVP doesn't work at all, or that it just doesn't work for livetv?

I can't get it use GBPVR MVP Server. It works fine with the Hauppauge Server/Vervice.

trying to link this discussion with the one at byopvr

(there's a screenie of his playback settings over there)

I don't actually use gbpvr (gasp horror, I know... it's on my todo list) or have a mediamvp... how do you "start" the gbpvr mediamvp service?

*Shrug*

rampy

Start > Programs > GB-PVR > GB-PVR MediaMVP Server

OK.... those instructions are a little out of date now in that you do not need to start the hauppauge services any more - this is providing that you have something on your network that can provide the MVP with an IP address - a router with built-in DHCP server or ICS or similar.

If this is the case with you, try stopping the Hauppuage services and power off your MVP. In the config app, set the number of MVP servers to autostart to 1 (under Playback tab I think) and press OK to save changes. Now power up your MVP and hopefully you'll be in business.

I do have a Linksys wireless router with built-in DHCP server. And I checked and the MVP is being given an IP address. Oh and by the way I already had that setting set to 1. Take a look at my screen grab.

So did you have that set to 1 and still ran "Start > Programs > GB-PVR > GB-PVR MediaMVP Server"? That might confuse things. And can you confirm that the two Hauppauge services are not running?