Thread: Questions about using the 34-button remote

Questions about using the 34-button remote

I've got a Hauppauge 34-button remote, all set up nicely, working just fine.
    There are 2 things I can't seem to do from it:
    1. Control aspect ratio (I had to go press F7 instead).
    2. Do a fast-rewind with the |<< button.

Any suggestions what I am missing? Pointer to documentation with RTFM would do nicely too. Thanks.

GGF

OK, I used Debug.txt and found out that the empty button between Mute and Full on the 34-button hauppauge remote is FUNC.
    I the proceeded to check the documentation what FUNC is doing: Catch-Up during timeshift.
    I decided that since I hardly ever use GB-PVR to watch TV but only to watch recorded TV, so I don't really need that, so I chaged it to {f7}.
    I hope this helps others in my position.

Oh, and Sub - thanks! - GB-PVR is an amazing piece of software. I am very grateful.

Care to share which file you edited to perform this?

Thanks!

Hello renzema.
    You should open notepad with a file named "Debug.txt". Simply use "Start=>Run" and type "notepad Debug.txt". When Notepad is open start pressing the remote buttons. You will see text in your Notepad with each press.
    GGF
    AMD64 3000+, MSI-Neo4F, 1GB, 1.5TB WD-SATA, PVR350+150 34btn remote, ATI 2460HD TVOut, 1.4.7: VMR9fse, CS3 skin

And the file to edit would be ir32.ini. I think it lives in the c:\windows directory by default.
    I'm not always right
    GB-PVR 1.2.9
    Accent HT-400 Case, AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1024MB, 1TB+300GB+180GB, WinXP Pro-SP2, NVidia 7600GT
    Nova-T USB2, PVR-350 recording from Dilog 355 DVB-T box, USB-UIRT (receiving & transmitting)