Thread: Recording Problems

Recording Problems

Live TV looks fine. But if I try and record anything the recorded file is useless.

Sometimes it looks ok for a second or so, mostly it is just a freeze frame followed by 'End of recording'. The file sizes vary wildly, media player replay suffers a similar fate, moving the file position yields a few more frames and it just 'stops'.

Changing the recording quality seems to vary the file size, but I'm using a DVB-T card (Twinhan), why isn't 'native' an option?

This is on an MCE version of XP, recording in MCE (with the same drivers, etc.) results in a file that plays back perfectly.

I've tried mpgmux.ax, ivimux.ax and mpegwrite.ax with no appreciable differences, of course I am probably barking up the wrong tree here.

'Properties' in media player says 720x576 Intervideo audio/video 16:9 in all cases. It also says bit rate 6.4 mbps for MCE recordings and '-' for gbpvr recordings.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

Changing the recording quality seems to vary the file size, but I'm using a DVB-T card (Twinhan), why isn't 'native' an option?
    With DVB cards, the MPEG2 audio/video is always stored as it was transmitted (pretty much unalter other than remuxing to program stream).

This application was designed for analog cards, with DVB bolted on as an after thought. It doesnt matter which quality setting you choose, they'll all produce the same results.

I've tried mpgmux.ax, ivimux.ax and mpegwrite.ax with no appreciable differences, of course I am probably barking up the wrong tree here.
    This makes me think you're not really changing it then. These all behave quite differently. Particularly the ivimux.ax which generally does a crap job.

I recommend Cyberlink Mux v5.0.0.1101 or v5.0.0.727 for best results.
    Last edited by sub; 2005-06-12 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks Sub,

I was using regsvr32 to register and the same with /u to unregister... Obviously not enough....

After downloading DSFMgr, I can see there is heaps of other Intervideo stuff present, but not IVIMUX. Uninstalled WINDVR3..... Still heaps..... Unregistered all Intervideo stuff....

Voila. Recordings now look more like the expected size......

Just can't play them at all anymore..... An install of FlyDVB-T and can now play in Media player and GBPVR....

I can feel a rebuild coming on..... Just to get it nice and clean....

Mark