Thread: Broken Files

Unhappy Broken Files

GB-PVR seems to be writing a single show into multiple files.
    Sub, you wrote me that it won't do that, but I watched it record an hour long show and I now have 176 files which comprise the Saturday showing of the West Wing. Some are 18 kb long!
    Any idea of what might be happening as GB-PVR is definitely doing it. I had the write directory open this time and watched it create the files.
    Thanks
    Mike

Any idea of what might be happening as GB-PVR is definitely doing it.
    No, I've got no idea. Sounds pretty strange to me. I've not seen any other reports of it.

You're definitely running the latest version (v0.91.12)?

Yep, definitely the latest version.
    Could it be something like disc access sharing? Like, I mean, if another program (say a disk defragger) used the hard drive, would the recorder stop writing to a file and then start another one, under the same filename (with a sequential number added on)?
    The problem is that playback doesn't work with these. The program registers a successful recording and lists it for playback, but then only plays back one of the 176 files. If I want it to play, I have to load an MPEG joiner and piece them all together. Even that really doesn't work because there is a split second between files recordings, making it very ugly.
    maybe I should reinstall?

Yeah, uninstall, delete the "c:\program files\devnz" directory, then reinstall.

Was there any resolution to this problem?

I'm getting the same thing on v0.92.08. I occasionally only get one file, but typically shows are broken up into two with filenames looking like <show>_<date>_<number>.mpg and <show>_<date>_<number>-1.mpg

Thanks,
    Craig.

Was there any resolution to this problem?
    Nope.
    I was never able to reproduce it. Have a look in your recording service logs, there may be an error listed that is causing this.

If you restart the recording service (or edit the config) during a recoridng then it'll give this behaviour.