Thread: Can't view recordings on pc

Can't view recordings on pc

I recently bought a new PC (Windows 8) and installed a PVR-2250 card. I opted to stay with GBPVR - version 1.4.7 - because I use it almost exclusively with my four MVPs. I also only enabled analog channels.

Although the system works flawlessly when viewing on the MVPs, I can't watch anything on the PC. The program immediately closes when I hit "play". I suspect the problem is on the recording side, rather than playback, since I get the same results when I attempt to view a recording on WinTV, i.e., the program immediately shuts down. I can, however, watch shows on WinTV that were recorded on WinTV.

Before I try reinstalling the program, has anyone had this problem?

More info needed.
    Did you just copy your old software across or did you install from scratch?
    Do the MVP's play newly recorded (on new machine) show OK?
    If you still have your old machine can you view a new reco9rding (copy across and put it in video's folder??)
    Logs may well help to find what is happening.

It was a fresh install from scratch.

The MVPs will play the newly recorded shows no problem.

Don't have the old machine.

I saw somewhere here or in the Wiki where Sub gave the instructions for attaching the logs. I'll attempt to find the instructions & attach them.

One additional thing - I found that I can play a recording (from the beginning) on the PC while it's being recording, but once the recording is done, it won't play.

which mux are you using? there are problems with GB-PVR using the DVR-MS mux on Windows 7.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...931#post480931
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.3.8/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/TimeWarner QAM, OTA ATSC (if I ever get my antenna working right again)/Schedules Direct

MVP"s can't play DVR-MS without transcoding so I figure mpeg-ps I figure new machine and no video equates to not having the proper mpeg2 video and mpeg audio decoders installed via config.exe

Martin

OK - I think the logs are attached.

Before I scrapped the old machine I transferred some videos to the new machine. They won't play either.

I've tried using each of the muxes in the BDA multiplexer drop down, to no avail (Microsoft DVR-MX, Cyberlink, Main Concept, TX Mux & Full TX).

I've also tried several different audio & video decoders without luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

sounds like a de-mux problem...try registering a new mpeg demux filter...like from mpchc standalone filters...
    or LAV decoders...includes a demux as well..
    when playing in-progress files, it uses gb's demux, when playing file afterwards, it uses windows' default demux...
    i use MpegSplitter.ax from mpchc, and set it's merit to highest with gspot..works a charm..[better than MS's built-in one]
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

I see you are using ffdshow. I assume you installed the current tryouts and not the obsolete ffdshow from years ago. Did you enable mpeg2 decoding, it is disabled by default. Also depending on how you installed the options you may need to whitelist pvrx2.exe and disable blacklisting.

Martin

Success

I was finally able to get it working by using the Hauppauge decoders for both audio and video. In my previous machine with a PVR-150, I was able to leave everything at default with no problems.
    Thanks to everyone for your help.