Thread: Fios Changing Copy Flags?

Fios Changing Copy Flags?

Anyone else with fios notice that their copy flags have changed? I used to be able to record everything except premium cable but now it appears every channel except the locals is either CCI 0x02 or DRM 0x01.
    HTPC: Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD X4 2.5GHz, 3 TB Hard Drive Space, 4 GB RAM, ATI 785g, HDHR, Hauppauge DCR-2650, NextPVR 2.5.5

I've seen reports around the web that FIOS was starting to do this.

Unfortunately this is probably the end of GB/Next PVR for me. It was already starting to become a hassle scheduling shows for both NextPVR and WMC. This is going to make it just too much of a PITA. Am I wrong in thinking there is no way to use WMC as a backend and use NextPVR to play and schedule?
    HTPC: Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD X4 2.5GHz, 3 TB Hard Drive Space, 4 GB RAM, ATI 785g, HDHR, Hauppauge DCR-2650, NextPVR 2.5.5

Yes you are wrong, you could use the SageMCTTuner with the NetworkRecorder plugin for scheduling http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...iguration-Help and even have NextPVR launch WMC for protected files.

I leave it to you to decide if it is worth the effort.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Yes you are wrong, you could use the SageMCTTuner with the NetworkRecorder plugin for scheduling http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...iguration-Help and even have NextPVR launch WMC for protected files.

I leave it to you to decide if it is worth the effort.

Martin
    Thanks for the info. I have been customizing WMC a little and have made it slightly more tolerable. Will definitely try the SageMCTTuner with the NetworkRecorder plugin and see how well it works out with my system.

Sorry to dig up a thread, but I just wanted to get a better understanding of the copy flags. Am I correct in understanding that if there is any copy flag set that we can't play it in NextPVR? I have a hdhomerun prime tuner and have yet to make the jump to HD. I'm starting to work on making the move, but it looks like the HD channels may have a copy flag set on them. I'm on verizon fios too as the previous user. At the moment some of my HD channels show "Not subscribed" but I think that is an activation issue I have to work out with verizon.

I'm on Verizon Fios with an HDHR Prime and so far I'm not seeing any issues related to the recording flag. I do not have any premium movie channels, just "extended cable" channels.