Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrong AC3 audio stream

Wrong AC3 audio stream

One of our favorite QAM channels has its audio streams reversed. Our cable company has set the new “voice over” channel as the default (stream 1) and the normal audio is on stream 2. I am sure the signal has been reversed by the cable company. The audio is correct when the TV is connected to an antenna. But, it is reversed on this one channel when it's connected directly to the cable or operating with NPVR. I have tried different decoders and rescanning numerous times without success.

It seems there is little chance of getting the cable people to fix this. I can switch audio streams in NPVR, but with Comskip running, for some unknown reason it gets reset to stream 1 after every commercial. This is very annoying and the WAF is getting dangerously low.

Is there any way of editing the channel tuning data to fix this? If so, how do I access the tuning data? Also, does anyone know why Comskip resets the audio?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you can support a short sample recording, I should be able to fix this problem with the wrong audio stream being selected.

Wrong AC3 audio stream

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    If you can support a short sample recording, I should be able to fix this problem with the wrong audio stream being selected.
    Thanks Sub,

Here is a few seconds of "Doodlebops" (Sorry, it was all that was on this am). Audio 1 "spa" should be stream 2 and "eng" should be the default stream 1. This is the only cable channel set like this.

Thanks again,

emr
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you try changing config.xml to use

<LanguagePreference1>eng</LanguagePreference1>

Martin

Yep, I suspect that'll fix it.

Yes, I set all language functions to eng, but no difference. Just for laughs, I tried setting them all to spa. No change at all. The problem channel stays on spa, but the other channels stay on eng. It seems like the language commands have no effect.

Can you put a longer sample somewhere I can download from? I'd need 30 seconds or so. Preferably a recording where I can hear both Spanish and English.

OK, I have uploaded a file to Dropbox. It has 30 sec of a basketball game with both audio channels. (Sorry, no Spanish programs available right now). Audio stream 1 (spa) only has the background crowd noise. The announcer can only be heard on the eng stream 2.

Here is the link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/91936216/Co...Basketball.zip

Thanks for the sample.

This patch fixes it. You'll need to have <LanguagePreference1>eng</LanguagePreference1> in your config.xml still.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow, thank you Sub,

I will test it now. Where do I install this?