Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Incorrect Description Of Recurring Recordings

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,480
    It still wants 1.0.66

    Martin

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    249
    Any updates on this?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    75,527
    Try this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,480
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Try this one.
    Thanks, that fixes the version problem but the update of the Recording Directory that UJB wrote you about still takes two attempts.

    To reproduce:

    - create a recurring recording with the default directory
    - edit a recurring recording and change the directory to non-default. This creates a blank <RecordingDirectoryID></RecordingDirectoryID> entry in match_rules
    - after that the next update works (but the scheduled recordings won't be updated until the next full update)

    Martin

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    249
    Well, at least NRecord started with this one. I'm sure it's good to go now. Thanks.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    75,527
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Thanks, that fixes the version problem but the update of the Recording Directory that UJB wrote you about still takes two attempts.

    To reproduce:

    - create a recurring recording with the default directory
    - edit a recurring recording and change the directory to non-default. This creates a blank <RecordingDirectoryID></RecordingDirectoryID> entry in match_rules
    - after that the next update works (but the scheduled recordings won't be updated until the next full update)

    Martin
    I haven't had time to look into this yet. It's not a problem introduced by this updated NUtility.dll though - it sounds like it's always been that way.
    Last edited by sub; 2012-11-13 at 02:13 AM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,480
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I haven't had time to look into this yet. It's not a problem introduced by this update NUtility.dlls though - it sounds like it's always been that way.
    Ok I thought I had tested this before but maybe I hadn't noted the pattern and blamed the first fail on user error.

    Martin

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    41
    Thank you.

    I checked Recurring Recordings, Details Popup and NEWA. Much, much better. The previous display was very confusing. The information by NEWA is unchanged. I am assuming that NEWA is not affected by these changes. (Someones else's responsibility ?)

    As I am sure you know that what shows are scheduled can be dependent on the date and time the recurring recording is initiated. (If for example a show appears every Monday and is about to aired on the 1st, 8th and 15th, if the recurring recording is initiated from the airing on the 8th then the airing on the 1st will NOT be recorded.) For someone new to NextPVR, this behavior is confusing when you are expecting ALL to really mean ALL. Adding the additional information of the date and time recording are to begin would eliminate this confusion.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    75,527
    Quote Originally Posted by georgewbateman View Post
    Thank you.

    I checked Recurring Recordings, Details Popup and NEWA. Much, much better. The previous display was very confusing. The information by NEWA is unchanged. I am assuming that NEWA is not affected by these changes. (Someones else's responsibility ?)
    Great. Yes, UJB would need to make change to NEWA. He can use the builtin description function for getting the same description as NextPVR generates though.

    As I am sure you know that what shows are scheduled can be dependent on the date and time the recurring recording is initiated. (If for example a show appears every Monday and is about to aired on the 1st, 8th and 15th, if the recurring recording is initiated from the airing on the 8th then the airing on the 1st will NOT be recorded.) For someone new to NextPVR, this behavior is confusing when you are expecting ALL to really mean ALL. Adding the additional information of the date and time recording are to begin would eliminate this confusion.
    Yes, the behaviour is intentional. I'll look into adding this extra info about it in the UI if it can be done without adding too much clutter.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    20,480
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Thanks, that fixes the version problem but the update of the Recording Directory that UJB wrote you about still takes two attempts.

    To reproduce:

    - create a recurring recording with the default directory
    - edit a recurring recording and change the directory to non-default. This creates a blank <RecordingDirectoryID></RecordingDirectoryID> entry in match_rules
    - after that the next update works (but the scheduled recordings won't be updated until the next full update)

    Martin

    Sub provided an update for testing that fixes these problems and since he is away he agreed to let me post it.

    Martin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •