Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: live tv timeshift and other changes

live tv timeshift and other changes

I've added experimental live tv timeshifting capabilities, and a few other changes. You can download the Windows and Linux addons from http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/XBMC/xbmcpvr.html

For this new timeshift feature to work you also need to have installed the attached NShared.dll patch. If you dont have this patch, it falls back to the old non-timeshift live tv.

v1.0.1.0
    - added: new experimental timeshift support. This requires updated backend components, otherwise falls back to previous non-timeshift live tv.
    - added: new 'advanced' settings page where timeshift can be enabled/disabled.
    - added: radio support, mainly to workaround an XBMC channel group bug.
    - changed: now using XBMC curl abstraction for HTTP requests
    - added: detection of live tv having to exit if tuner was required for a recording. Shows user a notification message when this was required.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sub; 2012-10-26 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks Sub!

I forgot about the 2.5.9 patch... Sorry I put a note and a link on the binaries page.

Sub, thanks, this update has made all the difference on my load time. Before it was taking me 2-3 minutes each time I started now it is 4 seconds. Maybe it was the combination of channel groups and radio stations in my guide.

As for timeshifting what navigation is actually available, just FF/RW? I can't seem to make it move the way I am used to in XBMC

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Sub, thanks, this update has made all the difference on my load time. Before it was taking me 2-3 minutes each time I started now it is 4 seconds. Maybe it was the combination of channel groups and radio stations in my guide.
    Yeah, it was probably was something to do radio. I found odd logic in xbmc related to channel syncing that seemed to rely on having radio support in place.

As for timeshifting what navigation is actually available, just FF/RW? I can't seem to make it move the way I am used to in XBMC
    I'm not that familiar with XBMC, so I cant definitively answer that one. I've only been using the pause/FF/RW OSD buttons. This is an xbmc thing rather than an addon thing though..

The linux plugin on Wileecoyote site is still version 1.0.0.0

As for my previous experiece with timeshifting in xbmc, remote newer worked, had to use OSD. But that was several months ago, lets hope they fixed that now, else I guess we have to dig into keymaps.xml or remote.xml to get it working.

have these changes been pushed into the main repo? wondering if latest builds of xbmc from raspbmc will have your updated addon?

Tried this earlier and the remote does FF/RW/Pause and the initial channel loading is improved, I did suffer from a bit of minor buffering a couple of times whilst watching the F1 qualifying but that is probably unrelated to this update.

Definitely an improvement, thanks Sub!

Quote Originally Posted by reven View Post
    have these changes been pushed into the main repo? wondering if latest builds of xbmc from raspbmc will have your updated addon?
    No it hasn't. It needs more testing before I can ask them to merge it.

OK finally test this version 1.0.1.0 with timeshifting (the XVBA branch XBMC was updated today). But I've run into some problems, don't know if it's plugin or the XVBA version missing something? But.. I'm unable to rewind or skip. I can pause, resume and FF. Skip doesn't work at all, RW is indicating it's working with 2X,4X etc onscreen, but it doesn't rewind, the video stops, but in reality it keeps on playing, because when I hit play again, it has just moved on for as many seconds I waited for it to rewind.

On a very positive note, I just zapped through 10 channels without problem, before I would be lucky if it worked once, before I got buffering bug (zap may be overstatement though with +- 10 seconds channel change times)

Quote Originally Posted by KRA View Post
    OK finally test this version 1.0.1.0 with timeshifting (the XVBA branch XBMC was updated today). But I've run into some problems, don't know if it's plugin or the XVBA version missing something? But.. I'm unable to rewind or skip. I can pause, resume and FF. Skip doesn't work at all, RW is indicating it's working with 2X,4X etc onscreen, but it doesn't rewind, the video stops, but in reality it keeps on playing, because when I hit play again, it has just moved on for as many seconds I waited for it to rewind.

On a very positive note, I just zapped through 10 channels without problem, before I would be lucky if it worked once, before I got buffering bug (zap may be overstatement though with +- 10 seconds channel change times)
    Sub is feverishly working on getting the channel change times down. He has posted on the XBMC forums (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144042) asking for some assistance from the XBMC developers, but none have yet to offer much help...