Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some channels not appearing in channel scan. (They do appear in WMC.)

I dont think thats the case. We're not seeing any other reports of missing channels.

If we knew what frequency was missing channels, I'd probably suggest capturing 20 seconds or so of the full transport stream, and put it somewhere I could download it, and I'd check. Probably the easiest way to capture the full transport stream is using the utility from tscapture.com (also written by me). Unlicensed versions let you capture up to 60 seconds.

@cauldwell - if you want to pursue this further, get sub's program from tscapture.com and do a full TS capture for 20 seconds each of cable channels 2 and 3, and upload them somewhere for sub to grab. you could also try looking at those channels using TSReader Lite, see if it sees tv channels on those physical channels that NPVR doesn't.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

I do see some more channels with TSReader Lite.

Here's a screenshot: (edited out)

Here's the stream from TSCapture: (edited out)

(Edit: links will only last as long as my DHCP lease.)
    Last edited by cauldwell; 2012-10-13 at 07:31 AM.

interesting... you chose channel 5, which the MIT channel list says only has one channel and NPVR found one channel, yet TSReaderLite found two channels. I was personally more curious about channels 2 and 3, which the MIT channel list says have 3 and 4 channels respectively and NPVR found one less in each case. My personal curiousity is irrelevant of course, as sub is the only one who can fix such things.

edit: oh, I see, the second channel is MeTV which is fairly new, and MIT hasn't updated their list yet. This does seem to uphold the pattern that NPVR is detecting one less channel on every frequency.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 2012-10-13 at 04:03 AM.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

I don't mind indulging your curiosity. Here are screenshots of channels 2 and 3. CH 3 has one more thumbnail that's scrolled off of the screenshot, but the count matches MIT's listing and your suspicion.

(edited out)

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42
    your HVR-2250 has two great analog tuners with hardware MPEG-2 compression... have you tried an analog scan? see the Analog Capture Devices section in the thread linked in my signature to enable analog support.
    Yep, all of the analog channels work.
    Last edited by cauldwell; 2012-10-13 at 07:31 AM.

yep, NPVR sees one less every time (I gather programs 6 and 7 on channel 2 are not video streams); looks to me like it always misses the first one but gets the rest. The first one on each channel is no doubt the most important to you.

Here you go. This patch will fix it.

It related to an unusual choice of PIDs by your cable provider, causing it to think the first channel in the frequency was a DVB NIT. I've changed the logic to avoid this happening.
    Attached Files Attached Files

apparently a case of NIT-picking then, eh sub?

thanks everyone, you've been a great crowd. good night!

lol

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Here you go. This patch will fix it.

It related to an unusual choice of PIDs by your cable provider, causing it to think the first channel in the frequency was a DVB NIT. I've changed the logic to avoid this happening.
    Thanks! It does indeed fix it; I now see all of the channels that I expect. Thanks to both of you for all of your help.

(I'm planning to take the links down soon, since my desktop doesn't usually run lighttpd, but let me know if you want those files for some reason.)