Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [HDPVR/Colossus] Channel Changing with NPVR Addon

[HDPVR/Colossus] Channel Changing with NPVR Addon

I'm having a problem using the NPVR addon for XBMC. It works to tune a channel perfectly the first time, then when I change channel XBMC gets stuck waiting. This log was taken when I waited for about 30 seconds to change the channel to 206 ESPN. Note that shutting down XBMC and restarting it clears the problem up and I can tune a channel again, but the cycle repeats.

Attached are the web.log, nrecord.log, and xbmc.log files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is the blue LED lit on your XBMC with this failed channel change?

If you mean the indicator that it is working, then yes.

Sorry, I meant the blue light on the top of the HDPVR, but I just realised you've got a Colossus not an HDPVR, so that wont be possible.

When this failed channel change happens, does a file get created in the live tv buffer directory and is it growing?

A file is created, but is 0 bytes. Very shortly, maybe 2 seconds, after that the file is deleted.

One more thing I just thought of is that when this happens I have to kill XBMC and then kill it a second time in Task Manager. It is almost like there are two copies of XBMC running.

Unfortunately I've kind of run out of time today. I've got to head out for the next few hours. I can take another look tomorrow though.

That's fine. I'm pretty much out of time to respond tonight anyway. I'll check back in tomorrow. Thank you so much for looking at this.

I just noticed that the NRecord service kept dying starting last night around 9:00pm. The only way I could fix it was to rename npvr.db3 and let it be re-created. I would attach it, but apparently even compressed it is too large.