Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: [HDPVR/Colossus] Channel Changing with NPVR Addon

Hmm, is L: drive a local drive, or a network drive, and does the 'localsystem' account have the permission required to write to it?

L: is in fact a local drive (actually a RAID array inside the local system). I haven't changed permissions from the default so System should have full control permissions, but I can certainly try changing NRecord to run as a local user.

Is it possible that the process to clean up Live TV files is being slightly over aggressive here?

Another thing I just thought of is that in NPVR it can take up to 10 seconds for video to start playing when using the Colossus. Could it be that it gets beyond some timeout on checking for the buffer file growth? Is this a separate setting in the XBMC plugin?

I just installed the 10/11 nightly of XBMC and now I get files in the buffer folder. Attached is the latest log still using the file you provided last night.

One more thing is that I can't get X-NEWA to work either, but at least it doesn't seem to lock up XBMC so I can cut out cleanly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by toricred; 2012-10-12 at 01:17 AM.

Just to eliminate the possibility of it being related to HDMI I'm going to test tomorrow night using component and SPDIF. Now I just need to find those adapters again.

Quote Originally Posted by toricred View Post
    Another thing I just thought of is that in NPVR it can take up to 10 seconds for video to start playing when using the Colossus. Could it be that it gets beyond some timeout on checking for the buffer file growth? Is this a separate setting in the XBMC plugin?

I just installed the 10/11 nightly of XBMC and now I get files in the buffer folder. Attached is the latest log still using the file you provided last night.
    Can you reproduce the problem again and repost the xbmc.log and web.log/nrecord.log files (not that you're on this newer build)?

Here they are.

Can you see if this patch helps? Post those same logs again if it doesnt.

That fixed it. What was the change if I may ask?

Great. I increased the time it was prepared to wait for enough data to be available to read the next packet from the transport stream file.

I may have described this patch wrong in the patch list (#8)... does this have anything to do with XBMC, or would a "regular" npvr user have a problem? and does it also apply to the HD-PVR?
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct