Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to start device

Unable to start device

I am running NPVR on win7 danish version, and when i try to scan for channels I receive the following message:
    Unable to start device:
    Unable to locate capture fiter´s 'analog video in' pin
    attatched zip file with screen shot an log file.

I have read about this in another thread, but I thought it was fixed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2012-10-08 22:26:12.465 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus
    2012-10-08 22:26:12.466 [DEBUG][1] MainConcept mux not present. Disabling analog support.
    You need to install SoftPVR. See Analog Devices section of thread in my signature.

If you still get the "unable to locate analog video in pin" message after that, run filtercheck and post the log.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

I have installed SoftPVR, and I still get the same message, ran filtercheck log attatched.

I am running NPVR on win XP english version on the same PC ( dual boot ), and there it is working with no problems.

See if this patch helps.

funny, almost every pin and filter name on your system is in English, except the most important one:
    Code:
    11:07:55.882	INFO	 - (input)  Analog video ind
    . Sub's patch will undoubtedly get it working.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

Thanks for your help

I don´t know what this patch is doing, but is was helping, now I am able to scan for channels and watching live tv.
    thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    funny, almost every pin and filter name on your system is in English, except the most important one:
    Code:
    11:07:55.882	INFO	 - (input)  Analog video ind
    . Sub's patch will undoubtedly get it working.
    @johnsonx42
    I learned that the hard way after going round and round for a day or two, trying to get a tuner working. Had to change the video pin string in registry to get it working...

@sub
    does this patch add logic to deal with non-english pin names issues?

@sub does this patch add logic to deal with non-english pin names issues?
    It already has logic to attampt to locate non-english pin names, but it can only find them if the media types of the pin are set appropriately. If it doesn't managed to find it that way, then it falls back to looking based on known names. In this case I just added his pin name to that fallback list.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    It already has logic to attampt to locate non-english pin names, but it can only find them if the media types of the pin are set appropriately. If it doesn't managed to find it that way, then it falls back to looking based on known names. In this case I just added his pin name to that fallback list.
    Good to known how it works. Helps for future troubleshooting. Now I feel like I should have shared my pin name :P

EDIT: "Entrada de vídeo analógico"