Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Live-tv buffer not cleared

IMHO, this has always been a problem with NextPVR. Chatted about loads and perhaps never sorted. A load of us had issues with the size of the rolling file for LiveTV that was solvable through a regedit? Believe the original size was about 20 mins?

Then we had the issue of client files not being deleted watching TV on the server.

There are .bat scripts to empty the tvbuffer dir for this?

Don't believe this was ever truly sorted? Except with these workarounds?

cheers

steeb

You shouldn't need to resort work arounds like that.

The issues were definitely sorted on the PC. Problem may still exist on the NMT/MVP clients.

I'll definitely look into it with xbmc addon and solve it.

Give this a patch when you get a chance. I've tested it a few times on my xbmc addon this morning and it's reliably deleted the files for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm testing this now, when it created the 5th file, it deleted the 2nd. When it created the 6th, it deleted the 3rd. etc... (1st file wasn't deleted) Until I did a channel change, then all was deleted.

Good that sounds correct.

ok, but why are they deleted when playing ? Is there a setting for how long/how many files to timeshift ?

Thats the way it's supposed to work. It's a rolling buffer. If it didn't delete the old file and you left live tv running, you'd eventually run out of disk space. By default it'll have the last 30 minutes of buffer on disk (plus the original file). There are some registry settings that can tweak the number of minutes buffered.

This means nothing in xbmc though, where the timeshift buffer isn't currently used.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    This means nothing in xbmc though, where the timeshift buffer isn't currently used.
    Agree yes, but https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pv...d47f24804e347b

Yes I'm aware of that change, but if you'd read the PR discussion prior to that merge you'd have seen there was heated discussion about it, focusing on how that was the wrong way to go about it (and I'd agree), and how the change was only really suited to addons that use RTSP. There was an admission of agreement about that, and that was too late to fix it now, so it'll be revisited later.

In summary, that change probably wont lead to timeshift being available from most addons. I'm not saying I will or wont add support for it in the nextpvr addon, but they done it the wrong way, and I'll need to experiement to see if it can be made to work (or if it's practical to switch to RTSP...probably not).
    Last edited by sub; 2012-10-10 at 05:27 PM.

Ok, my programming skills is limited to some simple html, so I have noe idea about this stuff, but I did notice than timeshift support was added for MP and 4TR just after, and I'm fairly certain those addons only use RTSP as fallback if they don't have direct access to the timeshift file, I believe Mediaportals TS reader was portet to xbmc plugin so they could read the buffer directly. But since this is not my area of expertise I may have gotten it wrong.