Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live TV Freezes On Channel Change

Live TV Freezes On Channel Change

I am running the 2.5.5 with the latest patches. When I am on Live TV and change the channel, Live TV completely freezes. Sometimes it comes back if I wait a few minutes and sometimes it does not. Also when I try to change the channel, I hear about a second of the new channel's audio before it freezes.

I have tried different decoders and changed the Live TV buffer directory without any luck.

I had this problem awhile ago but it went away with an NPVR update...

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...Channel-Change

Current logs attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Another issue. Some recordings are perfectly fine and have excellent audio/video but other channels shutter and stutter. It's really weird.

I am not sure if the attached logs show it, but when I turned to channel 55, the video was smooth. When I turned to 345, it messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BTJustice View Post
    I am running the 2.5.5 with the latest patches. When I am on Live TV and change the channel, Live TV completely freezes. Sometimes it comes back if I wait a few minutes and sometimes it does not. Also when I try to change the channel, I hear about a second of the new channel's audio before it freezes.

I have tried different decoders and changed the Live TV buffer directory without any luck.

I had this problem awhile ago but it went away with an NPVR update...

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...Channel-Change

Current logs attached.
    I have seem some weird freezes with the LAV Video Decoder, and I see thats what you're using. I'd try another decoder.

Quote Originally Posted by BTJustice View Post
    Another issue. Some recordings are perfectly fine and have excellent audio/video but other channels shutter and stutter. It's really weird.

I am not sure if the attached logs show it, but when I turned to channel 55, the video was smooth. When I turned to 345, it messed up.
    This may also be decoder related.

If you're on Win7, I don't think there is a reason, unless you need the features of something like ffdshow, to use anything but the MS DTV-DVD decoder. I've never had any of the problems that some people report with freezing, etc.
    HTPC: E7500, Nvidia 9500GT, ATI Theater 650Pro/Firewire Network Recorder/Avermedia Duet A188, NPVR 3.1.1, Win7 Pro
    Test: Asrock 890GM Pro 3, Athlon X2 255 , internal HD4290, ATI Theater 650Pro, NPVR 3.1.1, Win7 Home Premium
    Backup: Athlon 3200, Nvidia 7600GT, Network Recorder, NPVR 2.5.5, Win7 Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh49 View Post
    If you're on Win7, I don't think there is a reason, unless you need the features of something like ffdshow, to use anything but the MS DTV-DVD decoder. I've never had any of the problems that some people report with freezing, etc.
    This doesn't apply to BTJustice due to being in the USA, but the Microsoft decoder (coupled with an ATI video card) is fairly infamous for causing bad picture breakup on the BBC's HD channels in the UK. It may have been fixed with later driver revisions, but I've always stayed clear of it for Live TV stuff. It's great for everything else though.

Iain
    NPVR Plugins: AudioAdjust | AutoRefresh | MediaInfo | MovieTrailers | ReClockOrNot | SubMenu | System | Videos+

Good point. I always forget to limit my enthusiasm for the MS decoder to US MPEG2 GBPVR and NPVR recordings which is the sum total of my experience with it. I have very little experience with it for live TV. I'll cool it for a while now.
    HTPC: E7500, Nvidia 9500GT, ATI Theater 650Pro/Firewire Network Recorder/Avermedia Duet A188, NPVR 3.1.1, Win7 Pro
    Test: Asrock 890GM Pro 3, Athlon X2 255 , internal HD4290, ATI Theater 650Pro, NPVR 3.1.1, Win7 Home Premium
    Backup: Athlon 3200, Nvidia 7600GT, Network Recorder, NPVR 2.5.5, Win7 Home Premium

I had tried the Microsoft and ffdshow decoders but I still have the same issues when changing channels in Live TV or some channels just being real jumpy.

Cyberlink
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

Quote Originally Posted by stustunz View Post
    Cyberlink
    I occasionally have this. We're just in the habit of stopping live TV and picking another channel from the guide.

With that said, which Cyberlink decoders should I (and BTJustice) try? I last used some from a PowerDVD install that came with a computer many, many years ago so am well out of that loop.