Thread: How to change schemes of names of recorded (video) files by default?

How to change schemes of names of recorded (video) files by default?

How can you change schemes of names (the information a name shall contain) of recorded (video) files by default? So a file name automatically shall contain e.g. the production year, title (without "_" or "-" etc.), recording time and date, genre, station name etc. by default.

Or is there a way to automatically let create a file with these informations and save it near the video file automatically by default?

Sorry, there is nothing builtin that would do this. You could try rolling your own renaming in the PostProcessing.bat file though.

The information is stored in the file as an alternate data stream. You can view it with:

notepad.exe "c:\path\to\moviefile.ts:metadata.xml"

OK, thank you.

Such a PostProcessing.bat I cannot find on my system....or do you mean to create one?

And this - notepad.exe "c:\path\to\moviefile.ts:metadata.xml" - I have to execute (with the path, where my video files are stored) in the "Execute" window (pressing Win + R)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirki View Post
    OK, thank you.

Such a PostProcessing.bat I cannot find on my system....or do you mean to create one?
    There isn't one by default. If one exists, the app will run it each time it completes a recording, passing in the filename as a parameter.

And this - notepad.exe "c:\path\to\moviefile.ts:metadata.xml" - I have to execute (with the path, where my video files are stored) in the "Execute" window (pressing Win + R)?
    Yes, or from a command prompt.

Sounds a bit complicated for me to get that running...I will have a look.