Thread: Blow up when trying to Record an item from the Search results

Blow up when trying to Record an item from the Search results

In the latest version distributed with 2.5.5 here's the error I receive after clicking an item in the Search results and clicking Record:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 462: protected void SearchResults_PreRender(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    Line 463: {
    Line 464: SearchForEpisode(
    Line 465: (bool)Session["checkTitle"],
    Line 466: (bool)Session["checkDescription"],

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\SearchResults.aspx.cs Line: 464

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    N_EWA.SearchResults.SearchResults_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\SearchResults.aspx.cs:464
    System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +73
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +91
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3870

Is this happening all the time? Is it when you click the checkbox and then click on record on the results page? I am not able to reproduce.

I only tried it the one time. I was selecting the last item in the list though, as my search had yielded multiple show times for a movie and I chose to record the last one.

However, I just did my usual "Search for all HD movies during the next 2 weeks", where I search all the HD movie channels, pick the movies and want to record and hit the record button. Blew up again, but this time with a different error as shown below.

I don't know exactly how many movies I had selected, but probably 10 or more. After the blow up I went into the Pending recordings list and it appears most if not all are listed. There might have been some conflicts though, so perhaps this is the part that it had trouble with?

Cannot have multiple items selected in a DropDownList.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Cannot have multiple items selected in a DropDownList.

Source Error:

Line 13: </head>
    Line 14:
    Line 15: <body class="tabbedpage" onload="<%=pageLoadVariables%>">
    Line 16:
    Line 17: <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" EnablePageMethods="True">

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\NEWAMasterPage.master Line: 15

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot have multiple items selected in a DropDownList.]
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.VerifyMulti Select() +106
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.RenderConten ts(HtmlTextWriter writer) +124
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTe xtWriter writer) +32
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTe xtWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +52
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +198
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +189
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer) +25
    System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTe xtWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +52
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +198
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +189
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren (HtmlTextWriter writer) +167
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Re nder(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTex tWriter output) +219
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl( HtmlTextWriter writer) +47
    ASP.newamasterpage_master.__Render__control1(HtmlT extWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\NEWAMasterPage.master:15
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +88
    System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +30
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4849