Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NPVR 2.5.9 - Current Patches and Getting Started info

You're welcome. I have been using the link in my own signature for years to take me to the sticky post, and it never took me anywhere but the first post. I now understand that there is a setting somewhere in the user's forum preferences that would send a user instead to the last post of a thread if the link only specifies the thread and not the specific post. This having been unknown to me, I was all too puzzled on the occaisions when someone would express difficulty in finding the patches. I imagine most users who had such an experience quickly determined that the good stuff in any sticky would be in the top posts, but I can certainly imagine the confusion for new users. Glad that's all sorted now.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

Am I having deja vu? I could swear I read that exact post a day or two ago.

Post in support, perhaps with a screenshot.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

Mr johnstonx42 sir... when you make up your sticky for the next release, could I suggest you create a separate sticky for 'Posting your logs' (or make it post number one in the sticky?

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    could I suggest you create a separate sticky for 'Posting your logs' (or make it post number one in the sticky?
    I'll bet you sixpence that it still won't get read. Is it possible to change the text on the registration page so that new arrivals get the message when they get their userid and password?
    AMD A75, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Blackgold BGT3620 dual DVB-T2
    1 x kworld USB dual DVB-T (IT9135)
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I'll bet you sixpence that it still won't get read.
    Probably not, but it would make it simpler to point to...

Alex

Post-R2 Rollup 2

I've updated the R2 patch to include a variety of patches added in the past month. For various reasons I did not list these as they were released, and have opted not to go back and precisely document them all now. Another 2.5.xx release is coming soon which will include all these patches and other updates, but as it's been delayed a bit and a variety of useful fixes have been made available I decided to post this rollup.

Post-R2 Rollup 2: http://forums.gbpvr.com/attachment.p...9&d=1362164086

New in these patches are:

- Work-in-progress on fixing LiveTV hangs/freezes on PC Clients. Some issues have been fixed, but apparently not all.
    - Fix for a tuner allocation issue when moving a recording to accomodate pre-padding
    - Some EPG-update related corner cases fixed.
    - a fix for a vlc streaming issue
    - single-recording import function now works
    - some other stuff I know I remembered a few minutes ago, but can't think of now.
    - NEW: fix for "-2:50" skip-back issue introduced by patches in the first roll-up
    - NEW: updated NPVRTSMon.ax version pointed out by Lao Pan below
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 2013-03-05 at 12:50 AM.

Suffice it to say, if it's a fix sub released on or before March 1st, it's in the Post-R2 rollup.
    In the great tradition of Pantomime - Oh No It Isn't

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...953#post451953

In your defence I think this release (2.5.9) has had more than it's fair share of patch files now - and you are doing a fine job.
    It's not an overly complicated system - it's more - overly simple operatives

you're right; not sure how I missed that one. hopefully sub will have a fix for the -2:50 skipping issue I encountered, and I can re-post the update with both changes.

I'm noticing some issues with the video coming out at double speed and without any audio. Reverting back to my Frankenstein patched version

Not really sure what is going on, but the Post-R2 update breaks XBMC for me. The NPVR plugin reports losing connection to the server over and over. Reverting to vanilla "R2" puts things back to normal. I'm using the plugin that was released with Frodo. Maybe here is a newer one that isn't in the repo yet.

I've been ridiculously busy since the new year, so haven't spent much time here. I don't have time to troubleshoot like I normally would, but figured I'd leave this here in case someone else has an issue.