Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2.5.5 available (5 August 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    oops, I see the problem, skippy_nz is right. I've posted in the NEWA support forum: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...211#post439211
    I've updated the installer to remove the NEWA mobile support for now. It's uploading now, and will be there in a few minutes.

Resume doesn't work. I play a video, stop it some time in, then select it again -- no Resume option.
    NPVR 3.2.9 o XBMC 13.1 o EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640 o SchedulesDirect o SAF 6.2.2

Case: Apevia X-Qpack HTPC o Motherboard: Asus P8H67-MLE o CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 o RAM: 8 GB o OS: Win7 64-bit
    Tuner: HDHomeRun dual tuner o Amplified Leaf antenna o Remote: Microsoft MCE
    Hard drives: Western Digital 1 TB SATA2, Seagate 2 TB SATA2, Samsung 540 GB SATA2 o Input: Logitech USB keyboard & mouse
    Video: ATI Radeon 7750 o Monitor: Viewsonic 27" VX2703MH-LED, Vizio 47" LCD TV

Resume doesn't work for recordings, but does for videos. I play a recording, stop it some time in, then select it again -- no Resume option.
    I have the TV Listings plugin installed.

Does it work in the standard Recordings screen? Its possible the TV Listings plugin is trying to directly read the resume info from the database, and doesn't find it because the data has changed slightly in this release. If that is the case, then this plugin will need a small change to correct it's behaviour.

Now TV Listings does show the Resume button. It did not before, and was not changing the green circle icon to a green circle with a check (to indicate it has been watched and thus Resume is an option). I don't know why the behavior has changed.
    NPVR 3.2.9 o XBMC 13.1 o EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640 o SchedulesDirect o SAF 6.2.2

Case: Apevia X-Qpack HTPC o Motherboard: Asus P8H67-MLE o CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 o RAM: 8 GB o OS: Win7 64-bit
    Tuner: HDHomeRun dual tuner o Amplified Leaf antenna o Remote: Microsoft MCE
    Hard drives: Western Digital 1 TB SATA2, Seagate 2 TB SATA2, Samsung 540 GB SATA2 o Input: Logitech USB keyboard & mouse
    Video: ATI Radeon 7750 o Monitor: Viewsonic 27" VX2703MH-LED, Vizio 47" LCD TV

Automate Multiple Recording Directories

With the new feature of Multiple Recording Directories -- would it be possible to provide an "automatic mode" that would select the directory with the most free space.

This would allow us to setup directories on a number of separate drives -- and the system would automatically select the drive with the most free space as the storage location. Using multiple drives would vastly increase the amount of recording storage space -- and a "automatic mode" would allow the drives to fill up in a automatically controlled manner -- unmanaged by the end user.

So -- multiple drives with the target storage location automatically selected based on free space at recording setup time (or when the recording actually starts which would be better) -- is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by msmith8228 View Post
    With the new feature of Multiple Recording Directories -- would it be possible to provide an "automatic mode" that would select the directory with the most free space.

This would allow us to setup directories on a number of separate drives -- and the system would automatically select the drive with the most free space as the storage location. Using multiple drives would vastly increase the amount of recording storage space -- and a "automatic mode" would allow the drives to fill up in a automatically controlled manner -- unmanaged by the end user.

So -- multiple drives with the target storage location automatically selected based on free space at recording setup time (or when the recording actually starts which would be better) -- is this possible?
    If you post the question in the support forum, I'll post a patch that optionally enables this.

In the Config.xml, I have my "StoreSeparateMetadataXml" set to "true" and now with the new version notice extra data fields in the files, like season and episode. Thanks, Sub. Makes it easier to rename with season and episode number. Still loving NPVR and the TV Listings plugin.

Hi, found a wee crash with the PIP mode sorry :S
    TV Guide, select TV3, watch. Right-click, PIP, select channels, TV1. Nice! Works... main picture a little lumpy but may just be my PC. PIP menu again, select small, cool... PIP menu again, stop, and a crash pops up.
    Exited npvr, repeated process and crashes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger :-)
    Gotta get some zzz's but can get logs etc on saturday
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by time_lord View Post
    Hi, found a wee crash with the PIP mode sorry :S
    TV Guide, select TV3, watch. Right-click, PIP, select channels, TV1. Nice! Works... main picture a little lumpy but may just be my PC. PIP menu again, select small, cool... PIP menu again, stop, and a crash pops up.
    Exited npvr, repeated process and crashes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger :-)
    Gotta get some zzz's but can get logs etc on saturday
    Can you reproduce the problem, and post it in the support forum.

At the same time, you might want to see if you can reproduce it with the EVR renderer.