I'm working on a utility class that will read/write the metadata.xml ADS on recordings but I have a few questions:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<filename>R:\American Ninja Warrior\American Ninja Warrior_20120723_21002300.ts</filename>
<title>American Ninja Warrior *</title>
<description>The top finishers compete on a four stage course in Las Vegas.</description>
- Am I missing any fields (that might be used in the rest of the world)?
- Can I use a <channel> that doesn't exist in the database (eg: <channel>YouTube</channel>)?
- If I add extra fields will it break the built in NPVR parsing of the metadata stream (eg: <url>)?
- Does the Video Library check for metadata.xml as an ADS or only as a separate file?
- For completeness, I may as well include timing.info in the class. Am I correct in assuming that the fields in timing.info are "timestamp,byteOffset"?