Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NextPVR as a backend for XBMC

It is a Pivos firmware error that I hope is not part of the Amlogic chip it uses. I had a support post here http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=779 Their Android app did play the first sample, but not the more complex sample. Definitely not XBMC it supported HE-AAC in a fork before LAV and DivX although maybe not monogram

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoose View Post
    I run xbmc on my npvr box due to the number of plugins that aren't available as native npvr plugins - all the various UK and Irish TV catchup plugins, dodgy sports streaming plugins etc.
    I'm just setting up my archaic gbpvr system exactly like this, for the same reasons as you, which entails an XP->Win7 upgrade so I don't have to run VMR9 FSE which makes custom tasks impossible. I stripped out all of the tabs from xbmc so it opens immediately to Videos, which is the only tab... only "moderately" clunky...
    Server: NPVR 3.2.9, 32" panel, W7 Pro, m-ITX, i3-2120, 4G DRAM, DCR-2650, SD EPG, xbmc "plugin" for Movies/Hulu/ESPN/YouTube/IceFilms
    Client: NPVR 3.2.9, 23" panel, Acer Revo 1600, W7 Pro, MoCA networked

Quote Originally Posted by ga_mueller View Post
    I stripped out all of the tabs from xbmc so it opens immediately to Videos, which is the only tab... only "moderately" clunky...
    Now that's a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I've already got the Pivox XIOS DS which is the best XBMC for Android client right now and for starters while it looks nice

- it doesn't do 5:1 output
    - it doesn't do HE-AAC 5:1 to 2:0 downmix
    - it doesn't do DVD iso with h/w acceleration.
    - the minimal remote won't cut it for NextPVR

I might still write a client for it, just to see how it works but they have to fix the a/v sync that is in the current implementation
    There have been some changes and now they have a pure linux XBMC client. I have building it from their git repo and some of these issues are resolved. It has AC3 and DTS passthru now, the a/v sync issues are mainly gone and any RC5/6 remote is going to work.
    I wish they'd address the he-aac issue, but I am the only one talking about it.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    I've heard XBMC can drive PVR functions on MythTV or on MediaPortal. How I have no idea, I've not looked.
    I've been playing around over this Labour Day weekend and now have pretty much updated Ton's XBMC plugin http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...681#post369681 with NextPVR as a backend. I've addded LiveTV support and it is working pretty well so it is very promising.

Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2012-09-03 at 05:13 PM.

Have you attached the updated scripts to Ton's thread?
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 8.1 Pro, NPVR 3.2.9, AC3Filter, 1 x AppleTV with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

Martin, please tease us with more screenshots or more.
    Ver of XBMC and more info.

Thanks for working on this.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    Have you attached the updated scripts to Ton's thread?
    No, not yet, I've got a few bug fixes and changes to submit to UJB for NEWA. It is playing Recordings now too. It will probably be posted in another thread and on github later this week.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by greg in kansas View Post
    Martin, please tease us with more screenshots or more.
    Ver of XBMC and more info.
    I'll seee if I can post something on YouTube. I have it running on Win7 and linux with the Eden release, but hope it works on the smaller post-Eden boxes I have too.

The big challenge is installing the high-grade crypto that NEWA requires https://www.dlitz.net/software/pycrypto/ because of the export restrictions outside of North America. It's not hard but an unfortunate remnant of the Cold War. If you can't find the binaries somewhere to build it on Windows you will need Python26, the pccrypto software, and MinGW and Msys

Martin

Ok here is a brief sample of Ton's very usable interface converted to NextPVR http://youtu.be/AqVh-Z6AkZI This interface always starts by loading the quick Recent file list, and Upcoming recordings list (I forgot to show the bigger lists on the side).

The videos start with an in-progress recording (including skipping) then a couple of records from yesterday, navigating the EPG and some live tv in SD and HD. My HDPVR was blocked

There's little glitch in the video when my desktop came on top of the capture software.

Martin