Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Box 4 -Artist Fanart

Martin, just wanted to say thanks again for the update. Had some friends over last night and had Music Box running in the background and had a number of compliments on how cool it was to have the fan art change with the song. They were impressed.
    Again, I appreciate the time you put into this to make it so good.

Also, a few questions. What does 'update from last run' do and how can I add more songs to the random list?
    Last edited by pcostanza; 2012-07-14 at 07:53 PM.

Paul
    Custom ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W PS, CM HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by pcostanza View Post
    Martin, just wanted to say thanks again for the update. Had some friends over last night and had Music Box running in the background and had a number of compliments on how cool it was to have the fan art change with the song. They were impressed.
    Thanks for the positive input I like it a lot too. It's kind of a vanity project, and I've been enjoying it for myself for a couple of months until I thought I should share it. I now have Jaggy and ACTCMS's attention so we might see this in SSPlus sometime.

Also, a few questions. What does 'update from last run' do
    For the database scan it only checks files that have changed file times since the last scan.

and how can I add more songs to the random list?
    You can change the config option to add a new playlist at the end of random instead of stopping, which is what I use. Right now there is no way to top up the list with more random music just selected music. I will add something to put more quarters in the jukebox.

Martin

Thanks!

Paul
    Custom ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W PS, CM HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I now have Jaggy and ACTCMS's attention so we might see this in SSPlus sometime.
    By getting us to help with the testing & coming up with suggestions for FanArt in MB4 it would be very difficult not to get our attention and yes we are working on an SSPlus version right now that will support this

I'm confused how it picks the art to download??

Twice now I have seen it download "The_Everly_Brothers.jpg" for artists whos names are nothing like The Everly Brothers. Here is the details of this ones xml file

The Tradewinds.xml

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <search>
    	<server_time>1343782986</server_time>
    	<server_gmt_offset>+0200</server_gmt_offset>
    	<original_keywords></original_keywords>
    	<keywords></keywords>
    	<mbid>091ec508-877f-4e3c-92a3-10903bbbc7ad</mbid>
    	<aid>1</aid>
    	<fields>title,caption,keywords</fields>
    	<results>1</results>
    	<limit>500</limit>
    	<offset>0</offset>
    	<images>
    		<image>
    			<id>4131</id>
    			<aid>1</aid>
    			<album>1</album>
    			<title><![CDATA[The Everly Brothers]]></title>
    			<filename><![CDATA[The_Everly_Brothers.jpg]]></filename>
    			<mbid>091ec508-877f-4e3c-92a3-10903bbbc7ad</mbid>
    			<filesize>515875</filesize>
    			<dimensions>1280x720</dimensions>
    			<rating>10000</rating>
    			<votes>5</votes>
    		</image>
    	</images>
    </search>

It has been doing so well on all my main artists & albums, it was really surprising me with some of the ones it found, but now I have started on my compilations.....

and here is another one...
    it should be "Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders" but they look rather suspiciously like a totally different group to me
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I figuired collections would be a problem, and logs would likely have helped but I suspect the problem related to the xml file being created with the information of a previous song. The logic is supposed to work as follows:

- the Artist/Album from the song's tag are searched on musicbrainz.org using it's api.

- the id from musicbrainz.org is retrieved (mbid0

- the mbid is used as a key for htbackdrops.com

- the xml file is created based on the the htbackdrops.com api

- the first two jpgs are retrieved from the xml file.

I'll check deeper this weekend.

Martin

Here are the logs for the Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders one as that was just before I stopped playing music for the day, I think the earlier example will most likely be gone though as the logs had rolled over...

Thanks for the logs, it helped me create a sample and for whatever reason musicbrainz.org is giving a 100% score when I search using their API for "Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders" and the album "World hits 1964" but the returned album is actual for "The Beatles" and the album "Beatles Tapes III: The 1964 World Tour". My logic was the 100% score was an exact match so I have to try and figure out what to do about this.

Martin

Err.... that sounds like it is going to be a difficult one to overcome as musicbrainz is giving it 100%, I would have thought at least that the artist name would have had to match a hell of a lot closer than this example for it to get a 100% score.....