Thread: nDroid password problem

nDroid password problem

I could not remember the NEWA admin password, so I reset it.
    I can log in to the config web page OK, but when I configure nDroid with the new password, I get FILE_DOWNLOAD_BAD_RESPONSE when I try to update the data.
    I have stopped and started the ndroid service - I even upgraded to 1.8.2.

What am I doing wrong?
    NPVR 2.6.2;Windows 7 Enterprise SP1;i5 750; 8GB mem;Geforce 210;Winfast DTV100 S, Winfast DTV Dongle Gold; 2 x Winfast DTV2000DS

have you also changed the password in the ndroidsettings.xml in the c:\Users\Public\Beetec Services\nDroid Service folder?

To expand on what odin said, as long as the plain-text username/password in ndroidsettings.xml matches the ones you set for the npvr/newa web service and as long as you've also changed them in the nDroid app on your device, it should work.

I don't think you need to restart the npvr recording service but it may be worth a try. You definitely do need to restart the nDroid Service but you've already done that. As for the app itself, the changes should be immediate.

If you still can't get it working, post your nDroid logs and also include the npvr web.log and I'll take a look.

Cheers,
    Brian

OK. Some combination of running the 'nDroid Service Settings', manual editing, password changes, restarts and finger crossing appears to have worked! :-)
    Or maybe someone removed the hex.
    Thanks
    NPVR 2.6.2;Windows 7 Enterprise SP1;i5 750; 8GB mem;Geforce 210;Winfast DTV100 S, Winfast DTV Dongle Gold; 2 x Winfast DTV2000DS

OK, good to hear. I admit the whole authentication thing is a little tricky because of the separate services and so on. There's a possible way I can simplify things and I've been meaning to ask UncleJohnsBand about it for a while.