Thread: Rendering jitter

Rendering jitter

I have recently switched from media portal to NPVR, but I am having problems with jitter on horizontal movement, which can best be seen looking at the news crawler on Sky News, it moves in a series of jerks rather than a smooth progression.I tried different renderers (EVR,VMR7,VMR9), and several different video codecs, it is the same in both HD and SD. I,m using AMD HD4200 integrated graphics with Windows 7 home premuim 64bit and An SSD,feeding the TV via the HDMI port I have tried both 1080i and 1080p, the tv resolution is 1920x1080 Can anyone help?
    Nextpvr is much more stable than Media Portal,but this jitter is stopping me using it at the moment.

Set your graphics card to output at 50Hz rather than 60.

Iain
    NextPVR Plugins: AudioAdjust | AutoRefresh | MediaInfo | MovieTrailers | ReClockOrNot | SubMenu

Hi I,ve done that tried both 50 and 25 Hz, interlaced and progressive
    Quote Originally Posted by imilne View Post
    Set your graphics card to output at 50Hz rather than 60.

Iain

How's your cpu usage? I can't remember if sky news is available free to air anymore so maybe something related to decrypting it? Any silly picture enhancements options on the tv itself that could be turned off?

Stick with 50hz progressive for sure though. And check the video card's deinterlacing options.

Iain
    NextPVR Plugins: AudioAdjust | AutoRefresh | MediaInfo | MovieTrailers | ReClockOrNot | SubMenu

How's your cpu usage? I can't remember if sky news is available free to air anymore so maybe something related to decrypting it? Any silly picture enhancements options on the tv itself that could be turned off?

Stick with 50hz progressive for sure though. And check the video card's deinterlacing options.

Iain
    Its all channels, I quoted sky news as its an easy way to see problem, I will check CPU usage tommorow.

My "CPU-weak" Atom-based system can't playback HD smoothly unless the video card is helping out (DXVA). For me, if CPU usage is over say 50% I see jerky tickers, jerky left-right panning, etc... . If the video card is helping out, I see 5-10% CPU usage... .
    Server: NPVR 3.2.9, 32" panel, W7 Pro, m-ITX, i3-2120, 4G DRAM, DCR-2650, SD EPG, xbmc "plugin" for Movies/Hulu/ESPN/YouTube/IceFilms
    Client: NPVR 3.2.9, 23" panel, Acer Revo 1600, W7 Pro, MoCA networked

problem identified

My CPU usage is 20%
    The video card is set to 1080p.

I have found that the problem is related to my display set up. Windows determines my HDMI TV as the Main Display and The VGA monitor as the secondary display. If I make the VGA monitor my main display I get jitter, if I make the TV the main display and put the short cuts I use on to the monitor, no jitter, NPVR is used on the TV

The monitor is running at 1360 x 768 at 60Hz there is not a 50Hz option.
    The TV is running at 1824x1024 (scaled to fit on graphics card) at 50Hz

Iain
    Last edited by bdgillard; 2012-06-26 at 08:15 AM.

with many video cards the secondary display isn't accelerated like the primary display...
    [usually vista + OS]

in xp i have, interestingly enough, the app in FS Exclusive mode and can still use my other monitor and get full accel on both..
    [ati card from 3450 thru 6570's]
    this is impossible on vista/7,even secondary display isn't accel, was same in xp till they fixed it within the driver..

anyone notice the new ati drivers don't let you play bdrom thru vga? that blows...
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

Quote Originally Posted by bdgillard View Post
    My CPU usage is 20%
    The video card is set to 1080p.

I have found that the problem is related to my display set up. Windows determines my HDMI TV as the Main Display and The VGA monitor as the secondary display. If I make the VGA monitor my main display I get jitter, if I make the TV the main display and put the short cuts I use on to the monitor, no jitter, NPVR is used on the TV

The monitor is running at 1360 x 768 at 60Hz there is not a 50Hz option.
    The TV is running at 1824x1024 (scaled to fit on graphics card) at 50Hz
    I have managed to get a VGA monitor to run at 50Hz and that has solve my jitter problems. So even though the VGA monitor is not displaying the NPVR output it needs to be running at the same field rate as the HDMI TV

have a look the wiki there is a plugin to check and switch to 50hz before and after watching
    you may find that after restarting or for what ever reason the pc decides to switch back to 60hz
    http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.ph...in.AutoRefresh
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500