Thread: EPG error when autoupdating, but manual works fine

EPG error when autoupdating, but manual works fine

Here's my log... EPG autoupdate doesn't work, but when I manually update it works fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you want to know why nPVR is the bomb, ask my wife!

It looks like NPVR is scheduling the Wakeup for the EPG update at exactly 2:00am, and also tries to update the EPG at exactly 2:00am. The EPG update starts before the system is fully awake, and indeed before NRecord even realizes the system is awake (the "Resuming..." and "Recording service noted the system was resuming..." messages occur after the EPG udpate has already started). At that point, the network stack is still shaking out the cobwebs of sleep, and isn't ready to do a DNS lookup, among other things. Then while it's waiting, it appears to fall asleep again, and wakes up hours later for a recording, whereupon it tries to finish the EPG update procedure.

I'm sure if you schedule the EPG update for sometime in the evening, and make sure the system is already awake, it will work fine.

I'm surprised no one has been impacted by this problem before, but I don't recall it being reported.

@sub - the epg wakeup needs to be 2 minutes before the update starts (ie, 1:58am in this case), just like all the recording wakeups.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

a temporary work-around occured to me: schedule a short manual recording for any channel at 1:55am every day. Tell it to keep just one recording. This will ensure that the system is always completely awake at 2:00am when the EPG updates.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct