Thread: unhandled exception trying to view live or recorded tv

Hybrid View

unhandled exception trying to view live or recorded tv

Can't watch live or recorded tv. When I try to I get an unhandled exception error. I am running the latest version of NPVR as I just downloaded and installed it a few days ago. I am running XP. I have a Hauppauge Wintv HVR 1600 ntsc/atsc/qam combo card. Attached are the last two log files. All help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Lynn
    Attached Files Attached Files

It looks like some of the support files aren't registered?

2012-06-15 15:56:46.828 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: NPVR TS Reader2
    2012-06-15 15:56:46.843 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: NPVR TS Reader

There is a batch file that will re-register them.

It also looks like you added a couple of old dll's from GBPVR in your plugins directories that should be removed.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    It looks like some of the support files aren't registered?

2012-06-15 15:56:46.828 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: NPVR TS Reader2
    2012-06-15 15:56:46.843 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: NPVR TS Reader

There is a batch file that will re-register them.

It also looks like you added a couple of old dll's from GBPVR in your plugins directories that should be removed.

Martin
    Where do I find the batch file? I did a search and couldn't find anything. Also what are the old dlls I need to remove? Don't mean to be a pain , but I am new to this program and trying to learn all I can.
    Thanks,
    Lynn

The file should be on your start menu but it is called RegisterFilters.bat

If you don't know the .dll's maybe they come from the TV Listings plugin? (GBPVRPublic.dll and PVRUiPublic.dll)

Martin

I did some searching and registered npvrtsreader2 from a command prompt. Now it will play the program I had previously recorded but when I go to live tv, it says unable to find available capture device. My card is listed under devices and it works in mediaportal but would like to use this npvr instead. I attached the latest log file. Thanks for your help
    Last edited by lynnkern; 2012-06-16 at 07:02 AM. Reason: added the other log file

Why didn't you run the batch file? Those logs show you are still missing filters and they don't show the live tv attempt. You also forgot the NRecord and NDigitalhost logs. Okay you have the NRecord now and it is reporting

Unable to StartStream(): Device failed to start

Maybe you have it open somewhere else.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Why didn't you run the batch file? Those logs show you are still missing filters and they don't show the live tv attempt. You also forgot the NRecord and NDigitalhost logs. Okay you have the NRecord now and it is reporting

Unable to StartStream(): Device failed to start

Maybe you have it open somewhere else.

Martin

I didn't run the batch file because I found out how to register the file before I read you message about where the batch file was. Sorry. I will find the batch file and run it and see what happens. I will also restart computer in case it is open somewhere else.
    Thanks again
    Lynn

OK I ran the batch then restarted computer and still got unable to locate available capture device. Under devices , the devices listed are Hauppauge wintv 418 BDA tuner for the QAM tuner and for the ATSC tuner. The card is a Hauppauge WinTv 1600. Would this make a differance? There is also an IPTV device listed, which I don't know what it is. The olny tuner that I have channels mapped on is the QAM one. I will attach all 3 log files this time.
    Thanks
    Lynn

I too appear to be having a similar problem on my XP machine (may also have it on my Windows 7 laptop also, but one machine at a time)

When I go yo schedule a recording I receive the unhandled exception error and nothing happens.

I did receive it originally for Live TV, but on attempting again, I can now seeLive TV.

I have attached the exception error logfile.

Thanks

Gary
    Last edited by bjhfan; 2012-06-16 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnkern View Post
    OK I ran the batch then restarted computer and still got unable to locate available capture device. Under devices , the devices listed are Hauppauge wintv 418 BDA tuner for the QAM tuner and for the ATSC tuner. The card is a Hauppauge WinTv 1600. Would this make a differance? There is also an IPTV device listed, which I don't know what it is. The olny tuner that I have channels mapped on is the QAM one. I will attach all 3 log files this time.
    Thanks
    Lynn
    With the same error code that you have, sub made this post http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...445#post407445

Martin