Thread: Wishlist: Old Guide info

Wishlist: Old Guide info

A lot of times I missed a recording and what to view the details of it, or possibly set it up to record in the future, but in the guide the data expires immediately. Or maybe I missed setting up a recording and just want to queue it up so that next time it airs, it records.
    It would be nice to retain that information for a while longer if possible. Maybe for a day or until the guide updates? Or keep it all going back as long as the guide has data until it gets wiped out and updated?

Thanks, Jake

I have wished for this from time to time as well... about once a month I find myself wanting to see what was on yesterday.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

me 3
    just past week would be good because thats a full cycle
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

I think the TVListings plugin supports going back in time using the TV Guide.

well then maybe I need to get off my a$$ (or on it technically) and install TV Listings. I keep meaning to do it, but just never get around to it. I seem to recall trying it with GB-PVR awhile back, and there was some minor deficiency that was a deal-breaker at the time; I'm not sure what it was though.

edit: that all said, I do still think it would be nice if the built-in TV Guide could show a short period of history, perhaps dimmed.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 2012-06-14 at 04:31 PM.
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

Quote Originally Posted by McBainUK View Post
    I think the TVListings plugin supports going back in time using the TV Guide.
    I may be wrong but I understood the daily npvr EPG update removes old events from the EPG_EVENT table.

For example, I can scroll back through the default NextPVR TV Guide to see every programme which was broadcasting at 7am this morning (the time of my automatic EPG update) and onwards. Anything else shows 'No Show details' and the furthest I can go back is the start time of the first programme which started before (and was still showing at) 7am.

I suppose sub could add an optional config.xml parameter for <RetainEPGDays> (for example). I don't think it's something I'd use particularly but I can see why some might want to.

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bgowland View Post
    I may be wrong but I understood the daily npvr EPG update removes old events from the EPG_EVENT table.
    TV Listings has it's own database, TV Listings.db3.

There was a short thread about this for TV Listings....... ah found it
    http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...the-day-before

Just in the last few days I also wanted to go back about a week in time to see if a program that didn't record was actually on last week but of course there was no data available in the guide..... so put me down as another +1 for retaining a weeks worth of old guide data.

I foresee many logic problems with this suggestion but the main one is the guide data for the "current" guide data doesn't nicely fit like a jigsaw puzzle over the old data at the guide import time, there will be overlap and gaps with start and stop times, descriptions and subtitles, and event the shows themselves.

Martin