Thread: Is anything called if a recording fails?

Is anything called if a recording fails?

Now there's a cryptic question.

What I mean is if a recording fails to start for whatever reason (conflict, failed to tune etc) or even if it's manually cancelled early, would PostProcessing.bat be called? I'm guessing that it won't be but just thought I'd check.

Cheers,
    Brian

No there isn't at this stage. I could try to add something in future though.

I will be, if it was something my wife wanted to watch.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    No there isn't at this stage. I could try to add something in future though.
    Thanks. It was just a general query for confirmation but I suppose passing a success/error code might be of use for certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I will be, if it was something my wife wanted to watch.

I'm sure I requested something like this in the past.
    The ability to send an email to myself or something (there are a couple of command line emailers that work well in batch files) indicating a recording failure could be a lifesaver (mine!) if a timely earning arrived to enable a possible re-record of a re-run.

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    I'm sure I requested something like this in the past.
    The ability to send an email to myself or something (there are a couple of command line emailers that work well in batch files) indicating a recording failure could be a lifesaver (mine!) if a timely earning arrived to enable a possible re-record of a re-run.
    Not to mention a SMS message to my cell when a recording does not start as scheduled

"Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)

I did point out in the "Wishlist" that NextPVR at the moment does not detect all "problem" recordings. The particular example that I saw was only the last 15 minutes of an hour programme was made but no warning of this was given. I think the "Wakeup" was missed as computer was in the process of going to sleep at the time and only recorded the last 15 minutes when it woke to make another recording.