Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV sees channel that NPVR does not

You can increase the QAM scanning timeouts in config.xml, but I dont think that's your problem. Unfortunately those logs still dont show any obvious reason though.

Maybe try setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NPVR\LogTSFlow=1 (DWORD), then scan and post the npvr.log and c:\temp\mon.txt

Here they are. Had to use RapidShare. https://rapidshare.com/files/3226213593/mon.zip

Odd - in that mon.txt it looks like it finds all three channels.

Maybe it is timing related. Try stopping the app, increasing the <ScanCollectionMS> in config.xml, then retry scanning. Maybe set it to something like 8000.

Same results with 8000. Same results with 12000. Scan runs very slowly, of course.

I mentioned it several days ago, but MediaPortal and Window Media Center can't see the channel either.

The channel lineup the cable company provides implies that a converter is required, but does not say so directly. And, as I said, the Vizio TV sees it, and TSReaderLite sees it. I assume TSReaderLite is using the same drivers as NPVR is, and surely has the same signal and hardware.

I just reran TSReaderLite, and it took about 6 seconds to connect up and tune the 3 channels.
    Last edited by Pat Clark; 2012-05-14 at 02:47 AM.

Snooping in the TSReaderLite output for an HD channel I do get compared to the one I don't yields an interesting "section" of data in the one I don't.

Indented under the channel's main info is a heading: ES PID 0x11

Inside that is an item: "Descriptor: Data Stream Alignment" with a value of "Alignment Type: video access unit"

So I'm thinking it might be an endian thing or something that's a trade secret. Odd that Vizio and TSReader people know the secret, if that's what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Clark View Post
    Snooping in the TSReaderLite output for an HD channel I do get compared to the one I don't yields an interesting "section" of data in the one I don't.

Indented under the channel's main info is a heading: ES PID 0x11

Inside that is an item: "Descriptor: Data Stream Alignment" with a value of "Alignment Type: video access unit"

So I'm thinking it might be an endian thing or something that's a trade secret. Odd that Vizio and TSReader people know the secret, if that's what it is.
    Sorry, but there is nothing important in that.

I know generally why it's not finding it. It might take a patch or two for you to try before I can fix it, but unfortunately it's bad timing and my release is no longer compatible with 2.4.x so I cant supply a patch right now.

You might be able to get it to show up if you create a new scanning file in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning\QAM, that only scans 109.

Fantastic. Whenever you're ready. I'm retired and have all the time you need. (Until I kick the bucket.)

Wife can watch Dancing With The Stars live on the Vizio.

You might be able to get it to show up if you create a new scanning file in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning\QAM, that only scans 109.
    Nope. Same results.