Thread: Feature request: Left & right swipe to move between channels.

Feature request: Left & right swipe to move between channels.

I think it would improve the user experience if one can move between channels by swiping left and right instead of having to select the channel icon.
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

It's something I've experimented with but is actually quite tricky with a touch screen and the list view for the programmes.

A thumb swipe (for example) will move across and up/down the screen (try it and watch how your thumb moves on a handheld device)...so what should it do? Scroll the programmes or flip to another channel?

I agree it would be great for UX but I need to do some more work on it.

Cheers,
    Brian

How about if it brings up your "favorite" channel by default but then have just the channel "bar" at the top scroll left to right (but you still want to be able to bring up the list to select if you have dozens of channels). I will leave it with you. Thanks Brian.
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

A scrolling channel bar is one possibility I've thought a bit about but haven't got as far as trying. I could change behaviour so instead of a touch/tap to bring up the channel selector popup it would need a long-touch. That way the channel logo and name could be swiped to change the channel being shown.

As for a favourite channel always being default, I hadn't thought of that but it's easy enough to implement and I'll add it to the ToDo list.