Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cannot connect

OK some gas here!
    with firewall down and MX Player - Live TV, recorded TV and videos play but audio is out of sync and gaps.
    video is slow too

Any suggested settings for MX Player?

How well will nDroid stream when mobile(provided I can access it)? suggested bitrate?
    Last edited by OTAjunkie; 2012-05-13 at 12:13 AM.
    Server:ASUS F1A75-V Pro,Radeon HD 6000,AMD A6 3670K,SSD128GB,2xWD 2Tb,W7Ultx64,5.1spks,2xHaup2250-MC,ATI650,CM7777,WG HD-8800
    Client:P4 3.4,ATI HD4650,W7Ult
    Client:P4 3.06,NVIDA6200,W7Ult
    Client:Gateway Netbook,W7Start/XPpro
    nDroid Client:Samsung Galaxy Note(synced to previous days recordings)

Quote Originally Posted by OTAjunkie View Post
    OK some gas here!
    with firewall down and MX Player - Live TV, recorded TV and videos play but audio is out of sync and gaps.
    video is slow too

Any suggested settings for MX Player?

How well will nDroid stream when mobile(provided I can access it)? suggested bitrate?
    Live TV uses the NPVR web server and doesn't have any bitrate settings at the moment. sub did introduce a 'stream' URL two versions back...or was it in this version of N-PVR? Can't remember. I haven't used this in nDroid so far as I can't guarantee all users are up to speed with N-PVR versions.

I can't recommend settings for the various Android media players I'm afraid as it comes down to original content. UK DVB-T SD recordings playback on my phone fine over my home wifi network but I wouldn't expect HD content to be as smooth.

As for mobile connections, you'd need a fast upload speed for your broadband connection and, again, it would depend on content (HD/SD). I know even SD content doesn't work for me particularly well and I have 3Mbps upload speed. Live TV won't work over mobile as far as I know with current N-PVR - as I said it uses the N-PVR web service which currently locks out external internet access for Live TV. I think sub might fix that for the next or a future release.

"Pot's on and the gas is high!"

It seems my firewall issue is resolved by opening port 10245(Windows Medis Player) for LAN. There is another step to allow access and control from WLAN but I don't(can't) need it yet (my upload is 32KB/s).

Switched yet again to another player this time VPlayer($2 after trial) and have full access to all media on PC. Live TV streams at 2100KB/s max with the occasional buffering but allways in sync.
    Server:ASUS F1A75-V Pro,Radeon HD 6000,AMD A6 3670K,SSD128GB,2xWD 2Tb,W7Ultx64,5.1spks,2xHaup2250-MC,ATI650,CM7777,WG HD-8800
    Client:P4 3.4,ATI HD4650,W7Ult
    Client:P4 3.06,NVIDA6200,W7Ult
    Client:Gateway Netbook,W7Start/XPpro
    nDroid Client:Samsung Galaxy Note(synced to previous days recordings)

Great, that sounds like good news indeed. I'll give VPlayer a try out. It's always worth knowing alternative apps.

Cheers,
    Brian