Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot connect

I'm slightly stumped by this. I can't think of what would cause the this. If the app is unable to contact the PC and service it should, I think, give a popup message saying the connection failed. I'll check the code and try to run a test just to make sure.

From the logs I can see the various files to be downloaded have been created (EPG data, scheduled recordings data, logos etc) but I can't see any connection attempt from the app. Can you double-check your firewall settings and perhaps even disable it temporarily?

Cheers,
    Brian

I'm only connecting over WiFi and have Windows firewall disabled. I don't need to open the ports in my router, do I? (I assume not since I'm only on my LAN)

Quote Originally Posted by h00ch View Post
    I'm only connecting over WiFi and have Windows firewall disabled. I don't need to open the ports in my router, do I? (I assume not since I'm only on my LAN)
    Well my router doesn't need any port configuration for wifi connections so I don't thik that's the problem (I may be wrong but I've never come across such a situation). Could you post your nDroid service logs?

well i managed to connect but after I tried to load "harrys Law" as msg appeared but disappeared then a loading "clover"? then lockup or a blank player with time clicking I made a report with no description 'bout 6 mins before ten.
    I tried to schedule some recording but there was no change in nDroid display or in NEWA on my LAN after refresh.

i'll dig out the logs tomorrow
    Last edited by OTAjunkie; 2012-05-12 at 03:39 AM. Reason: added logs,,, surprise!!!
    Server:ASUS F1A75-V Pro,Radeon HD 6000,AMD A6 3670K,SSD128GB,2xWD 2Tb,W7Ultx64,5.1spks,2xHaup2250-MC,ATI650,CM7777,WG HD-8800
    Client:P4 3.4,ATI HD4650,W7Ult
    Client:P4 3.06,NVIDA6200,W7Ult
    Client:Gateway Netbook,W7Start/XPpro
    nDroid Client:Samsung Galaxy Note(synced to previous days recordings)

Quote Originally Posted by OTAjunkie View Post
    well i managed to connect but after I tried to load "harrys Law" as msg appeared but disappeared then a loading "clover"? then lockup or a blank player with time clicking I made a report with no description 'bout 6 mins before ten.
    I tried to schedule some recording but there was no change in nDroid display or in NEWA on my LAN after refresh.

i'll dig out the logs tomorrow
    Post your nDroid logs again and I'll take a look.

I've added yesterdays logs to that post and here's todays.
    I can connect over wifi LAN but can only play certain files and my music library does not populate.
    Firewall disabled
    Last edited by OTAjunkie; 2012-05-12 at 12:51 PM.
    Server:ASUS F1A75-V Pro,Radeon HD 6000,AMD A6 3670K,SSD128GB,2xWD 2Tb,W7Ultx64,5.1spks,2xHaup2250-MC,ATI650,CM7777,WG HD-8800

I've added yesterdays logs to that post and here's todays.
    I can connect over wifi LAN but can only play certain files and my music library does not populate.
    Firewall disabled
    I've had a quick look at the logs and can't see why the music library isn't populating. As for only certain video files playing, this is could be down to the video format and the media player app not supporting the formats??? Not sure.

I'll take another look later as I'm going to be out for a while.

Just to update:
    No connection unless firewall off. (ports are specified in advanced settings)
    Win7

Gingerbread
    Moboplayer
    wireless LAN connection
    the vid that played was avi other avi's did not play

also after these atemps NPVR can lock up requiring restart. I had two recordings fail last nite (no worries replaced by torrent).

No connection unless firewall off. (ports are specified in advanced settings)
    Win7
    Is this the built-in Windows firewall? I don't use any software firewall (and run XP) but I could try enabling the Windows firewall as a test to see what might be wrong. If the ports are configured correctly, however, I can't understand why it doesn't work.

Gingerbread
    Statistically, 51% of devices currently with nDroid installed are running Gingerbread so that isn't an issue.

Moboplayer
    wireless LAN connection
    the vid that played was avi other avi's did not play
    The playback really does depend on the player installed on your Android device - I can't see anything in the logs you posted which showed any failure at the nDroid service end. I don't use avi but perhaps there are differences in bit-rate / resolution that mobo player doesn't like. I use MX Video Player and it plays my .ts files and old .mpg files (re-muxed from dvr-ms when I used GB-PVR). There are a few that it doesn't want to play however.

also after these atemps NPVR can lock up requiring restart. I had two recordings fail last nite (no worries replaced by torrent).
    I'd be 99.9% certain that nDroid doesn't do anything which would lock-up NPVR. I may be wrong but in particular when browsing your media folders (Videos and Music) the nDroid service does all of it directly. It interacts directly with the Windows file-system when browsing and it uses its own 'streaming' server code when you attempt to play a media file.

On a slightly positive note, however, I might have an idea why your Music media folders don't populate. I need to check my code though.

Yep Win7 firewall.
    I'll try MXvideo but that reminds me, if I try to copy/move a large TS file to the SD card in the phone I get a dialogue box saying all file attributes will be lost.
    I did copy a smaller TS file and Mobo recognized it and generated a thumbnail but when I tried to play it I got a frozen frame and a moving timeline.