Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot connect

Cannot connect

I've installed and have the service running on my PC and I installed the app. The web server is running in NPVR and I have the port open on my router. I've also entered the IP of my PC running NPVR and the username/password on my phone, but after saving the settings on the phone, the nDroid app just does nothing, like it's trying to connect but can't. The Android with the "n" on his chest is standing there staring at me and the circle is spinning below him endlessly...

The nDroid service doesn't use the NPVR web server (except for Live TV) and defaults to listening on port 8790. If you haven't changed the nDroid service's IP port then make sure the nDroid app is using that port.

Port 8790. Didn't change that. What IP do I enter? The IP of the PC running NPVR?

Quote Originally Posted by h00ch View Post
    What IP do I enter? The IP of the PC running NPVR?
    Well if that's the same PC that's running the nDroid Service the answer is yes.

There are two IP addresses that can be entered - one for the LAN (same for WLAN) and the other for 'mobile' internet access. Make sure both are correct depending on whether you're using wi-fi or mobile internet.

If you have a software firewall running make sure port 8790 is open also.

I'm still missing something... I have Windows firewall disabled on the nDroid service/NPVR PC.

What IP goes in the Mobile Server URL? Can I just leave it blank if connecting over WiFi?

Quote Originally Posted by h00ch View Post
    I'm still missing something... I have Windows firewall disabled on the nDroid service/NPVR PC.

What IP goes in the Mobile Server URL? Can I just leave it blank if connecting over WiFi?
    Yes if you're connecting only with wifi then the mobile URL isn't used - just leave that as myserver.com (or whatever).

You mentioned the Android is there with the spinning circle - what text is displayed? It should go through "Downloading files...", "Extracting files..." and "Populating database...".

If you zip/attach the nDroid Service log files from the PC I can check to see if you're getting any connection at all or if it's failing totally.

One thing missing from the Wiki is that you must also open port 8791. Also did you enter the username and password on the NPVR Server PC?
    Start> Programs> NDroid> NDroid Service Settings> Enter Username and Password (same as in NPVR> Settings> NMT & Web)
    This is something else that is missing in the Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo90017 View Post
    One thing missing from the Wiki is that you must also open port 8791. Also did you enter the username and password on the NPVR Server PC?
    Start> Programs> NDroid> NDroid Service Settings> Enter Username and Password (same as in NPVR> Settings> NMT & Web)
    This is something else that is missing in the Wiki.
    At the stage h00ch describes, 8791 won't be relevant as it is used only for streaming. It seems h00ch isn't getting past the first-run download stage.

The nDroid service settings app is mentioned on the wiki in the Installation section and there's a link to a sticky post here on the forums about configuring firewalls to use consecutive ports. Agreed those points may not be particularly obvious and I'll re-work the wiki to make them clearer.

Good to know. I tend to go to the wiki first since in most forums that's the first place they send you whenever you ask a question.

I find my self in the boat, on my phone "The Android with the "n" on his chest is standing there staring at me and the circle is spinning below him endlessly..."

Newa on phone navigates and I can set recordings.

As for logs, there's none in the nDroidService folder~~~ oh I found them!
    both 8790 & 8791 are open on router
    nDroidService has firewall permissions
    my last attemp was at 5:30pm ish
    Last edited by OTAjunkie; 2012-05-11 at 10:27 PM.
    Server:ASUS F1A75-V Pro,Radeon HD 6000,AMD A6 3670K,SSD128GB,2xWD 2Tb,W7Ultx64,5.1spks,2xHaup2250-MC,ATI650,CM7777,WG HD-8800
    Client:P4 3.4,ATI HD4650,W7Ult
    Client:P4 3.06,NVIDA6200,W7Ult
    Client:Gateway Netbook,W7Start/XPpro
    nDroid Client:Samsung Galaxy Note(synced to previous days recordings)