Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freeview HD UK and Popcorn A110

I started again and added the N- PVR shared directory.

When I press the 4th Icon and then the HTML file and option 1 and 2 the program responds with "Request cannot be processed".

If I browse to the share select the HTML file and select the second option the screen goes black for about 20 seconds and then the NPVR menus appear and I can select the recording and play with sound !!.

Unfortunately the picture stutters.

So the problem may be the time delay when selecting from the share and some type of rendering issue.

Maurice

Log file

Checking for mvpmc share on COOLMASTER
    mvpmc C:\mvpmc

Checking GB-PVR.html links
    C:\mvpmc \GB-PVR.html not found

NMT IP Address: 192.168.1.56 MAC 0006DC440E1A

GB-PVR Installed

GB-PVR previously uninstalled

N-PVR Installed C:\Users\Public\NPVR
    <a href="http://localhost.drives:8883/NETWORK_SHARE/COOLMASTER:mvpmc/npvr.cgi">N-PVR</a>
    <a href="http://localhost.drives:8883/NETWORK_SHARE/NETWORK_BROWSER/browser.cgi">N-PVR via Network Browser</a>
    <a href="http://localhost.drives:8883/USB_DRIVE_A-1/mvpmc/usb_a.cgi">N-PVR via USB</a>

Enabled true
    Port 8866

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Checking NMT Version
    01-17-110314-15-POP-403-000

Checking NMT Display
    1080i 50Hz

Calling NMT Source
    Tv recordings lounge
    smb://COOLMASTER/Recorded%20TV Username: Password Length: 0

Films Playroom
    smb://PLAYROOM-PC/films Username: Password Length: 0

Films lounge
    smb://COOLMASTER/films Username: Password Length: 0

npvr
    smb://COOLMASTER/mvpmc Username: Password Length: 0
    Last edited by hansol123; 2012-04-29 at 09:57 AM.

It looks like you didn't follow the instructions correctly for installing the mvpmc share to the NMT setup completely. You were supposed to leave the sharename blank and let it default, instead you named it npvr. To fix this you can either remove the share from the NMT and readd it or edit the npvr.html file with a linux editor and change COOLMASTER:mvpmc to COOLMASTER:npvr

Changing between the share method and the browser method requires resetting the box with a power off.

The reason you are getting sound now is you probably powered off one or all of your HDMI devices causing a reset. The HDMI chain can be very fussy.

NextPVR streams via http which is faster than through a share. This might solve the stuttering problem.

Martin

Thanks Martin it is now working using the first menu option.

Live TV is more or less perfect but still some stuttering playing back H264 recordings.

Maurice

Martin

A simpleton question, related to this thread
    I am thinking of this TBS DVB-T2 tuner card so as to get HD, but my output from the Popcorn A110s is on composite video rather than HDMI. Does this mean that I would lose either HD video or sound on the PCHs?. i could go to HDMI, but I have already got three HDMI devices on my HDMI input and don't really want any more

Steve Hodge

I gave up on using the Popcorn A110 to play back the TS recordings with AAC HD sound produced using this card, and now stream to a Samsung Blu-ray player using Serviio .

Please note the Samsung will not play back the HD recordings unless they are converted to MP4 HD files, I cut and convert using Videoredo.

I also had to remove my Hauppauge DVB-T1 card from my PC before the TBS-6280 worked on dual card mode. However the TBS T2 card happily co-exists with my Hauppauge S2 card.

The composite output should work but is it probably less hassle to use a HDMI auto switch.

Quote Originally Posted by StevHodge View Post
    Martin

A simpleton question, related to this thread
    I am thinking of this TBS DVB-T2 tuner card so as to get HD, but my output from the Popcorn A110s is on composite video rather than HDMI. Does this mean that I would lose either HD video or sound on the PCHs?. i could go to HDMI, but I have already got three HDMI devices on my HDMI input and don't really want any more

Steve Hodge
    You won't lose any broacast sound that aren't losing today. Lossless audio requires HDMI, and AC3 requires digital audio passthrough. HE-AAC is downmixed to 2 channel PCM.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by hansol123 View Post
    Please note the Samsung will not play back the HD recordings unless they are converted to MP4 HD files, I cut and convert using Videoredo.
    On top of doing mp4 using VideoRedo will correct some major imperfections so I don't doubt it provides a better experience. I may be lucky that non of my NextPVR recordings require this. Serviio is really just a UPnP server and it doesn't add much to the mix.

Martin

The reason for using Serviio is that it works well with both the Samsung blu-ray player and my bedroom Sony smart TV.

The Samsung will not play HD TS files with AAC HD sound hence the reason for converting to MP4 also the time skip works on the MP4 files.

Maurice

Many thanks, gentlemen, very helpful

Steve Hodge