Thread: no file associations

no file associations

Hi All
    NPVR / GBPVR is great and I have been using it for a few years in multiple rooms. Thanks for all involved. I would like some advice with the following please.

Recently my online download source of American tv shows has starting "delivering" my shows with no file association, eg( Grimm.S01E17.HDTV.x264-LOL.[VTV]. ) leaving me to guess if it is .mp4, .mpg etc etc. I'm pretty sure i have not guessed correctly as the video in out of sync with audio when i try to ply with NPVR. When I play the same shows with windows media player them seem ok. So my question is two fold.

1. Is it possible to select a file for playback without a file association in NPVR, like i can do with Media Player
    2. Does anyone know what codecs/ the correct file association is needed for these type of files.

Thanks
    Kenny

the x.264 (non 720p) ones, will be .mp4. Not sure why your machine isn't showing the extensions, they do on mine.

I run haalia media splitter which will play these. And you need an h.264 decoder. Windows 7 has one built in. And older version I'm not sure what you'd have to install.
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 8.1 Pro, NPVR 3.2.9, AC3Filter, 1 x AppleTV with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex

Maybe your folder options got messed up.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ame-extensions

Paul
    Custom ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W PS, CM HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
    #2--P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS, Windows 8.1

thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know.