Thread: No Channels Found with HDHR

No Channels Found with HDHR

I can't seem to get NextPVR to find any channels with my two HDHRs. The Devices list shows my tuners and when I select on and request a Scan, it goes through the frequencies but does not find anything. My firewall is turned off. Log file attached...

NPVRLog.zip

I know you said your firewall is off, but your logs still look like firewall is the problem. It shows the typically symptoms we see with HDHR with firewall problems, ie, drivers are showing signal lock (locked=1), but delivering no data.

OK, well, I double checked the firewall settings (it's off) and directly connected the HDHR to the PC (no router / switch/ etc.). Scan still happens with no channels found. Any suggestions?

Sorry no, I dont have any suggestions other firewall.

If you're using a third party firewall, like Comodo or Zone Alarm etc, then maybe make sure both it and the Windows firewall are allowing access. Some users have been surprised to find the Windows firewall had reenabled itself and was getting in the way, even though they'd been using some other firewall software.

After poking around for a while with no luck, I took a long shot and set the Application (in the HDHR Setup utility) to "Other: ATSC/QAM" and now the channel scans work (no changes to the firewall settings). FWIW, setting the HDHR Application to "NextPVR" or "GB-PVR" did not work for me.

Great - glad you found a fix.

Never mind