Thread: FIrst Run Only - setting doesn't stick

FIrst Run Only - setting doesn't stick

I created a recording from NEWA and selected "First Run Only". When the recording is saved it shows the title followed by "First Run Events Only". That seems fine. When I click on this recurring program to edit it, the "First Run Only" checkbox is unchecked. So I click on the checkbox to enable it and clicked "Update Season Recording". Now the title no longer shows "First Run Events Only". It seems like the "First Run Only" option only works the first time the recording is created. Any ideas or logs that I should attach?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kevbotheone View Post
    I created a recording from NEWA and selected "First Run Only". When the recording is saved it shows the title followed by "First Run Events Only". That seems fine. When I click on this recurring program to edit it, the "First Run Only" checkbox is unchecked. So I click on the checkbox to enable it and clicked "Update Season Recording". Now the title no longer shows "First Run Events Only". It seems like the "First Run Only" option only works the first time the recording is created. Any ideas or logs that I should attach?
    Thanks.
    My guess would be that when looking at the season recording the value is not being mapped there....I know the feature works on season recordings so for now beolieve what you see on the individual recordings created by the season recording until I can find the bug.

I wanted to let you know that I was editing the "Recurring" program, not an individual pending recording. This issue is very easy for me to reproduce so if you need any logs or tests run, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by kevbotheone View Post
    I wanted to let you know that I was editing the "Recurring" program, not an individual pending recording. This issue is very easy for me to reproduce so if you need any logs or tests run, please let me know.
    Not sure if you noticed or not but this is corrected in the 1.25 release I posted this week.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    Not sure if you noticed or not but this is corrected in the 1.25 release I posted this week.
    I saw that the 'First Run Only' checkmark is properly checked when I view the details. The problem still exists that when I uncheck this box, apply the settings, then view the details again, check the box back, and apply the settings. Now the recording is no longer set to 'First Run Events Only'. Basically, once you uncheck 'First Run Only' you will never be able to get it back unless you delete the recurring program and add it again. This may be something in NPVR during the schedule update and not necessarily the NEWA interface.

Thanks....there is an issue with the NPVR API.....it is missing the ability to add the value.....I am checking with sub on a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    Thanks....there is an issue with the NPVR API.....it is missing the ability to add the value.....I am checking with sub on a fix.
    I forgot to post about that when I tested this last week. I was able to fix the enabling of the tick but the values gets lost on the .Save NextPVR doesn't allow toggling the value after it is set but at least it doesn't lose it.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I forgot to post about that when I tested this last week. I was able to fix the enabling of the tick but the values gets lost on the .Save NextPVR doesn't allow toggling the value after it is set but at least it doesn't lose it.

Martin
    Yea....API doesn't support it....talked to sub.....we'll get it working with the next release of NPVR.