Thread: "Record Season" and "Keep all Recordings" misses new ones?

"Record Season" and "Keep all Recordings" misses new ones?

WHen i record i always set to record all seasons and keep all recordings.

When i have a number already stored, it doesnt seem to record anything unless its new (or maybe not, without checking every single show its missed).

This weekend is Big Bang Theory on Comedy Channel, after setting the above, its not going to record anything, i have 1 stored, and seen the others before, does it store that fact it has been recorded or is there a bug?

Other shows seem fine (and ive seen duplicates sometimes in the same day as certain shows are duplicated in the day).
    Many Thanks
    Ashley

Copyright 2013 - www.ashleygriffin.ca

Quote Originally Posted by SFX Group View Post
    WHen i record i always set to record all seasons and keep all recordings.

When i have a number already stored, it doesnt seem to record anything unless its new (or maybe not, without checking every single show its missed).

This weekend is Big Bang Theory on Comedy Channel, after setting the above, its not going to record anything, i have 1 stored, and seen the others before, does it store that fact it has been recorded or is there a bug?

Other shows seem fine (and ive seen duplicates sometimes in the same day as certain shows are duplicated in the day).
    Did you select "New Episodes" or "All"?

If you select only new it won't record episodes that has been aired before.

"Show me your passport and I'll tell you who you are"
    (new Norwegian saying)

If you have "Avoid duplicate recordings if possible" checked on the Recording screen in setup, it will keep track of the episodes you've already seen and not record the same episodes again. By default it keeps episode history for 90 days. I found that to be a bit too long, so I reduced it to 30 days on mine. The setting is in config.xml. If you want to dump the existing episode history run nextpvr.exe -deletehistory (or maybe it's -removehistory... try both, it won't hurt).
    NPVR Tech Support Sticky - - http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...612#post473612
    ---------------------------
    my config: NPVR 3.2.9/Win7Pro/Athlon II X3-440/radeon hd4550/hvr-2250/hvr-850/KWorld 315U/TimeWarner QAM & Analog, OTA ATSC/schedules direct

If you hit 'update epg', and post the npvr.log, along with the names/times of some shows it should have scheduled, but didnt, then I'll take a look;