Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making .MP4 Files From .TS Files Using MCEBuddy

Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf View Post
    I just tried the latest MCEBuddy, it claims that it needs 18 gig of hd space to convert a 2 gig recording. I think I'll stay with Handbrake
    I am still using the 1.1 64-bit version. Everything is working fine and dandy for me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf View Post
    I just tried the latest MCEBuddy, it claims that it needs 18 gig of hd space to convert a 2 gig recording. I think I'll stay with Handbrake

18 gigs - that does soundn't right. MCEBuddy says it needs 3x free space (in your case 6 gigs) per conversion. You must have setup 3 parallel conversions 2x3x3 = 18Gigs

BTW - did you know MCEBuddy also uses Handbrake, it actully support FFMPEG, Mencoder and Handbrake.

The FAST profiles use Handbrake (REALLY FAST), the Normal profiles use Mencoder and HIGH Qualilty (VERY SLOW) use FFMPEG. So pretty much it depends upon what profile you're using to convert.

I've setup a custom profile that give me good quality conversions at a very low bitrate and really really fast.

These directions were for the old 1.x version. I have been using the 2.x version(s) for a few weeks now and am in the process of working on a guide to set it up with.

The new guide is at...

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...vert-TS-To-MP4

Can a mod please lock this thread?

I run a simple Mencoder command line in my postprocessing.bat that combined with Comskip and another Comclean(Mencoder) script transcodes the one hour 8gb TS file into a >500mb AVI file free of commercials. The whole process is done in about 70 mins. after the recording is finished. As these copies are most often used on my phone I also bump the audio up +10db.
    Last edited by OTAjunkie; 2012-06-26 at 02:22 AM.
    Server:ASUS F1A75-V Pro,Radeon HD 6000,AMD A6 3670K,SSD128GB,2xWD 2Tb,W7Ultx64,5.1spks,2xHaup2250-MC,ATI650,CM7777,WG HD-8800
    Client:P4 3.4,ATI HD4650,W7Ult
    Client:P4 3.06,NVIDA6200,W7Ult
    Client:Gateway Netbook,W7Start/XPpro
    nDroid Client:Samsung Galaxy Note(synced to previous days recordings)