Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nDroid - any problems need addressing???

nDroid - any problems need addressing???

I had a couple of crash reports via the Android developers console yesterday.

As mentioned in this sticky the reports are anonymous so I have no way of contacting the people who had the problems in order to resolve the issues.

If anyone is having problems then please do feel free to start a thread in this forum.

Also, I'm aiming for another update sometime soon so if there are any general issues that need addressing then feel free to post in this thread.

Cheers,
    Brian

No new problems for me, just the small things I mentioned earlier in http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...819#post432819. It's working great, Brian. I was great to schedule two recordings while visiting someone. Usually when I try to show off, things go wrong, but this time it worked

Chris
    i5 750 4GB RAM, W7 Home Premium 64 bit, Digital Devices Cine CT V6 dual DVB-C, KNC One DVB-C, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Egreat M34A, Popcorn Hour A-100, Samsung 40F8000.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    No new problems for me, just the small things I mentioned earlier...
    Thanks for the reminder - I need to do some more testing but those issues should all be covered for the next release.

It's working great, Brian. I was great to schedule two recordings while visiting someone. Usually when I try to show off, things go wrong, but this time it worked
    Good to know thanks. I know the feeling of it going wrong when showing off to people - it usually works 100% of the time for me until the point I'm visiting a friend......very embarrassing.

This version definitely seems the most stable so far and the two crash reports yesterday were the first I'd seen for some time. Now if I can only find out who it is I can work on a fix for their issue.

Cheers,
    Brian

I have having problems, you must be seeing my reports.

On my Acer A100 tablet running Honeycomb app crashes during "extracting data" every time upon trying to set up.

It gets slightly further on my Droid 2 global running 2.3 but also crashes during setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ppijoseph View Post
    I have having problems, you must be seeing my reports.

On my Acer A100 tablet running Honeycomb app crashes during "extracting data" every time upon trying to set up.

It gets slightly further on my Droid 2 global running 2.3 but also crashes during setup.
    OK, I think that would tally.

I can see one device simply referred to as type -> 'Other' but there's also one identified as type -> 'Droid'. I wondered if they were both from the same user as the timing was within the space of about an hour.

Quick question - how many channels do you have in your npvr setup? The crash reports are showing 'Out of memory' errors on both devices and the limited info the reporting system gives me suggested it was at the time nDroid is trying to import the EPG data. That ties in with when you say it's happening and if you have a lot of channels that could be the cause.

Cheers,
    Brian

Yes, I am using HD Homerun Prime with digital cable. There are several hundred channels. Do you have a workaround or suggestion?

On a slightly different topic, I see an application called NTouch in the google play store too. What does it do?

Yes, I am using HD Homerun Prime with digital cable. There are several hundred channels. Do you have a workaround or suggestion?
    Not at the moment - I do know of some users with close to 200 channels but perhaps your setup goes that little bit further than most.

Could you attach the schedrecxml.zip and sevendayxml.zip files from the nDroid Service data\zip folder so I can try and reproduce the problem at my end? It's possible the nDroid code isn't freeing up memory as it goes along and I could trace it if I have a large amount of EPG data to import (I only have 28 channels in my setup).

On a slightly different topic, I see an application called NTouch in the google play store too. What does it do?
    As part of NextPVR v2.3.x, sub included the ability to use HTTP access directly with the idea of allowing other devs to create 'extender' apps for various media devices currently not supported. nTouch was just a demo I put together to show how the NextPVR UI can be used on Android devices. The whole thing (NextPVR's HTTP interface and nTouch) are basically experimental and nobody seems to have picked up on the concept. I'm not intending to develop nTouch any further as it was just a demo but I'm happy to share the source code with anyone who wants it.

Cheers,
    Brian

I am not a programmer so couldn't really do anything with it.

But it would be nice to have such an interface. Would allow me to access on both of my Logitech Revue google TV boxes. Right now the best I can do is use Tversity to transcode recorded programs via their browser-based flash interface.

Will attach logs.

Attached is one of the zip files.

The seven day file will not upload because of file size limit. It is around 3 mb.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ppijoseph; 2012-04-05 at 09:47 PM.

But it would be nice to have such an interface. Would allow me to access on both of my Logitech Revue google TV boxes. Right now the best I can do is use Tversity to transcode recorded programs via their browser-based flash interface.
    I was looking at getting it to work with the Revue Google TV boxes and somebody was testing it but feedback ground to a halt. If I have time I might be able to revisit it if you're prepared to test and give feedback.

Attached is one of the zip files.

The seven day file will not upload because of file size limit. It is around 3 mb.
    OK - that definitely suggests a lot of EPG data and strengthens my theory that the import process isn't freeing memory as it goes along.

I've PM'd you my email address if you're happy to send it to me as an attachment.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by bgowland; 2012-04-05 at 11:15 PM.