Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Won't login using iphone

Anyone with iOS 5.x willing to give the patch a try to see if it allows logging in with this different encryption?
    Last edited by UncleJohnsBand; 2012-04-06 at 03:46 PM.

I have iOS 5.0.1 and there are no issues logging in using the NEWA that comes with NPVR 2.4.3 and I'm connecting via a local address. If you need some web logs for comparison, just let me know. I could try the patch, but I'm not sure it will provide any useful data.

Quote Originally Posted by kevbotheone View Post
    I have iOS 5.0.1 and there are no issues logging in using the NEWA that comes with NPVR 2.4.3 and I'm connecting via a local address. If you need some web logs for comparison, just let me know. I could try the patch, but I'm not sure it will provide any useful data.
    Are you using the auto-login for local access or do you have to enter your user id/password when accessing NEWA? IF using local auto-login if you go to the Admin tab you will be forced to login. Let me know.

I am using the auto-login for local access. To get the page to login, I used the "Config" tab. That prompted me for the user/password and I entered those with the keyboard. Then I dismissed the keyboard and clicked on the Login button from the web page. After that, it brought up the Configuration web page, so it appeared that everything worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kevbotheone View Post
    I am using the auto-login for local access. To get the page to login, I used the "Config" tab. That prompted me for the user/password and I entered those with the keyboard. Then I dismissed the keyboard and clicked on the Login button from the web page. After that, it brought up the Configuration web page, so it appeared that everything worked fine.
    Great...thank you that rules out iOS 5.x.....appreciate the testing.

UJB,

Sorry, I have been away overseas and just got back. Tried it again on my Iphone while away, no joy.
    So if iOS 5.x is OK (I assume you no longer need me to test the patch), what are the next steps?

Successful log is via PC on the network, unsuccesful one is my iPhone again.

k.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win7x64 | 6GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD3400 PCIe Video Card | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC66U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A100 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in GBPVR or NPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

jksmurf,
    When I ran my test, I had my iPhone connected to the same network as my PC. It was connected via WiFi to the same router that my PC is connected. Your logs look like your iPhone is going through a different network to connect to your server. Can you verify that your iPhone is setup to connect to your local WiFi?

I still think its the encryption from Ios5
    So kev test it from another network(NOT wifi)
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500

Could this be a difference between iOS 5.0.1 & iOS 5.1? What are some suggestions on testing the encryption on these devices? I could perform the test without using WiFi, but that means I'll be using the carrier's network and I need to provide external access to my server. I'm trying to understand if the thought is that the problem might be related to how the phone connects to the server, either it is coming from a local trusted internal network or an outside network.

I Didnt think the password got used when connected to wifi but i dont know the internal workings of how it all works.
    Since yours works from within your local network the next test world be from outside to see if that works
    You will need to add the required port forwarding to your router
    Specs
    Server:Cpu-Intel i3,ATI Radeon HD 5670 ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram. 2xHvr4400,Nova-s plus(dvb-s SD),hvr2210(dvb-t HD)
    Client:Cpu-AMD am2,Gpu-Ati HD2100 integrated ,OS-Windows 7,2gig ram
    Client:Cpu Intel 2 gig ram ,Nvidia 9400
    Client:Popcorn Hour A110
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2012]BD-E5900x2
    Client:Samsung [NZ][DVB-s][2013]BD-F6500