Can you use CutChunk to get 1 MB from the end of "Ax Men_20120325_21002200.ts" ?
Also you seem to have a large difference in the system time between the client and server,
2012-04-02 18:46:47.297 [DEBUG] Playing video file: C:\RECORDINGS\Ax Men\Ax Men_20120325_21002200.ts
2012-04-02 18:46:05.967 [DEBUG] CLIENT-OPEN: C:\RECORDINGS\Ax Men\Ax Men_20120325_21002200.ts
More logging attached.
The CutChunk 5MB (wouldn't let me do just 1MB) at the end of that file is here: http://www.themajorshome.com/misc/AxMen.zip
Enabled the NTP service on my server and both clients have been pointed to the local machine now, there should be little to no difference in time anymore. Unsure if that time sync made it into these logs or not.
I'm at a bit of a loss at this stage.
Is it doing every time you skip on this specific file, or all files?
It happens on a few recordings, both old and new. Before one of the patches in this thread, it was exactly as jcjefferies described. The duration of the file on the timeline I could see was always zero.
It consistently happens on just the affected files while the others are a-ok.
All my recordings playback perfectly on the server, including skips, pauses and even comskips. Only the playback on the clients have troubles. I can, however, use Videos with my server Recordings Directory mapped on the client and skip all over the place without error.
On some of the older files, I know I played and skipped them just fine from the clients when I was running 2.3.6. Something was introduced in 2.4.3 that either has a bug or is less tolerant of errors in these recordings is my guess.
I'm hoping this will fix it.
I only tried two recordings, but I think you got it.
Short and long skips work. Comskips are perfect. I tried to break it with backwards and forwards skips.
Nicely done and thanks! Hopefully jcjefferies tries it too.
Great. Fingers crossed it stays fixed.
Thanks a lot for helping me with the files I asked for, even if sub figured out what the the NextPVR issue. I wanted to see if there were PCR's in that last block of 37600 bytes and there weren't.
Originally Posted by smajor
Thanks Sub your new patch cured the Divide by Zero error!!!! I checked the three recordings I had with Zero Duration under Playback_Position in the database and all now display the correct Duration on the Time Bar when played so no Divide by Zero error when I "Skip". For me it happened about twice a week so not a show stopper but irritating when it happened. Thanks again Sub.